advertisement

Yorkshire in attempted land-grab shock horror!

Joe Hutch

Mate of the bloke
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-59009661

'Residents in a North Lincolnshire village have been left feeling a little disorientated after a road sign was erected welcoming people to Yorkshire.

The mysterious sign, which can be seen by motorists entering Sandtoft, appeared earlier this week.

One resident said it was about 150m (492ft) from the original Welcome to North Lincolnshire sign - on the same side of the road.

Some have suggested it is the work of contractors unfamiliar with the area.

The local authority, North Lincolnshire Council, said it was unaware of the sign, while the neighbouring authority, Doncaster Council, has yet to respond to a request for comment.

Posting in a local Facebook group, one resident said it appeared the sign had been put up on the wrong side of the road and facing the wrong way.'

Personally, I think it's more about Yorkshire attempting to extend its empire. They'll be across the Pennines before you can say 'Ee ba gum'.

Well, it would probably do wonders for house prices. Yorkshire is generally keen to give the undesirable bits back so am sure the sign will quickly be moved.

Quite right too. The white rose will fly again. We took back Todmorden, we'll take the East as well!
Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
And all the clouds that lour’d upon our house
In the deep bosom of Lincolnshire buried

I just came back from a week in Yorkshire. Everyone seemed very friendly. Almost everyone had a friendly dog. Hardly anyone called me a soft Southern git. I bought a pints of beer for less than a fiver. I loved it!

There’s different bits of Yorkshire of course. The writer Harry Pearson, who’s from North Yorkshire, wrote about his mother advising him to count his fingers after shaking hands with anyone from Leeds.

There’s different bits of Yorkshire of course. The writer Harry Pearson, who’s from North Yorkshire, wrote about his mother advising him to count his fingers after shaking hands with anyone from Leeds.
Well, he was actually born in Middlesbrough, well a village nearby, not convinced he’s from Yorkshire.

Wasn’t there an attempted Yorkshire land grab back in Viking times? Am pretty sure that included a fair bit of shock and horror!

Who d'you think you are, Peter bloody Sellers?
He’s my favourite opera director,

Lm7HvBd.jpg

Wasn’t there an attempted Yorkshire land grab back in Viking times? Am pretty sure that included a fair bit of shock and horror!
Comin over ‘ere, up our estuaries in their shallow draught vessels, sacking our monasteries, raping our women and pillaging our town centres. I blame that Harald Bluetooth.

advertisement

Back