advertisement

Yet Another Sarum vs Chord Signature vs Naca5 Question

ryder

pfm Member
I would appreciate responses from those who have personally listened to the cables themselves either good or bad.

I have the Naca5 cable used with Naim amps and looking at the Signature. What is the difference going from the Naca5 to the Signature?

The Sarum is on the title just to attract attention due to its high price. I am not considering this.

Any thoughts on the Chord Signature vs Naim Naca5 would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Plenty of dealers will lend you Signature, but you would prefer views from people who don't have your room/system?

I would be buying used from Audiogon. Obviously you don't expect me to go to a dealer don't you?

Ha, in that case get some used and as long as you don't over-pay, you can move it on if you don't like it. It's the only way that itch will be scratched. Plenty of people use both so getting opinions here is unlikely to take you further forward. I wanted some impressions of some NOS valves and got a range of opinion from "Dog's Danglies" to "Crock of shit", entertaining but lesson learned.:D

Yes that is pretty much the case when buying used. Opinions and results can be so varied sometimes as everyone's ears, systems and listening preferences are different most of the time. I agree one would never know unless he tries out the gear in his system himself.

Cheers mate.

I have swapped out Epic Twin for my NACA5 on a Uniti. No audible difference (to me) and easier to route.

Don't know what Naim amps you're using but I've tried all three along with Chord Epic Twin. I prefered, and now own, the Epic twin in preference to Signature and NACA5 but, and it's an extremely qualified "but", if you are ever in a position to be able to afford Sarum, you'll be blown away.

The closest I have got to the Sarums is seeing them in a dealers.

However I did use NACA5 with my Naim Wilson Benesch system and then swapped it for Signature speaker cables and the Chord speaker interlinks.

How did it sound - I preferred the Signature - noted improvements were with piano solo - with Naca5 it sounded as if hammers were hitting blocks of wood compared to the Signature which gave a much more piano like sound. The Signature interlinks for the speaker was an improvement over thre WB supplied links.

Note this is only my opinion.

cables are all so system dependant . the siggy jumpers are marveloous and i preferred them to many other jumpers. best to try for yourself as other have suggested. they do seem to elicit the marmite response rather more than other cables. [you love em or hate em]

advertisement

Back