Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Yet again Naim have a new Director

Discussion in 'audio' started by MrPinkEyes, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

[​IMG]

Isobarik and cb01 like this.
  2. al2002

al2002 pfm Member

Indeed boards and company strategies must change with time, it’s a matter of survival. However, while Henry I is no longer around, the Ford clan still have a significant interest in the company. So, perhaps, not the best example.

Upthread someone alluded to the pernicious effects of private equity and I’d agree. JBL’s R & D was gutted when private equity took over Harman.

Mr Pig likes this.
  3. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment.

[​IMG]

MikeMA, Bob McC, Alex S and 2 others like this.
  4. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

That's some beer at 20.25%. Few pints of that and Focals are gonna sound great.

5. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

You need harder stuff

[​IMG]

6. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

It's interesting how Naim seems to inspire extreme likes/dislikes, on a scale unlike any other hi-fi manufacturer I can think of. I have no skin in this game, never having owned, heard or touched any Naim kit, and I'm sure it's just fine. I do however remember when Naim, along with Linn, were being peddled by certain reviewers and critics as the only kit worth having. Sub-consciously, I think this may have put me off both brands for life.

Jonboi and Barrymagrec like this.
  7. Paul Hindle

Paul Hindle Do you mock me?

I don’t think it’s surprising. Some of us still think of the Naim of the 70s when they were quite small, niche and dare I say it cool. In partnership with Linn they were what many of us of a certain generation lusted after but could only afford later in life. I think statements from JV and IT like "If you can't hear the difference, it's not worth talking to you" may have alienated many people, creating diverging opinions that have spread and lasted to this day in some form or another. Pricing is another thing that annoys people. I think some people are just prone to pushing their extreme likes or dislikes upon others. It’s not just hifi, my father in-law insists that the muffins he gets from the local market are the best ever and keeps offering to get me some in. It’s really annoying. I of course am above all this:cool: (we need a halo emoji)

Charlie_1 likes this.
  8. Robert M

Robert M pfm Member

The like/dislike for naim on here is similar to a cyclist Vs motorist debate.

9. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

They did some nice advertisements back then
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

andrewd, Paul Hindle and MJS like this.
  10. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

A crate and Naim may sound OK:D

11. Paul Hindle

Paul Hindle Do you mock me?

12. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

Four decades later those CB boxes are sought after kit, still among the very best hifi IMO.
    JV was onto something.

13. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

I still love the design of the Olive stuff. Timeless.

Mr Pig likes this.
  14. PhilDick

PhilDick pfm Member

Oh my God, French! I've just chucked all my Naim on the skip outside and set fire to the lot.

andrewd likes this.
  15. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Is a Naim calendar worth anything?

16. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

Yep, as I expect they’re pretty scarce now. A 1986 one would be excellent, for ‘Mr Vereker makes exceedingly good Naits’.

Alex S likes this.
  17. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

Found it...

[​IMG]

(Just need to wait until 2025 for February 1st to be a Saturday, right?!)

andrewd likes this.
  18. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

I have a lot of these hidden away, maybe move them to a safe

[​IMG]

19. chiily

chiily PFM Special Builder

I like the font used though. Anyone know what font it is?

20. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

The font of all knowledge and inspiration.