advertisement

Yes

madmike

I feel much better now, I really do...
Just booked a pair of seats, Liverpool Phil, Friday 23/3/18. Can't wait. Side 1 and 4 of Tales...

Last saw them in 1974 at the Empire, playing sides 1,2,3 and 4 of Tales.

Blimey! Only saw them once, at the QPR football ground in the ‘seventies. Sort of lost interest in them around Tormato, but still play early albums from time to time.
Have a great time.

Mick

EDIT: 1975, it would appear. Only 43 years ago...

Just booked a pair of seats, Liverpool Phil, Friday 23/3/18. Can't wait. Side 1 and 4 of Tales...

Yes without Jon Anderson - I'm not really sure about that.

Yes are not the same without Bill Bruford.
Who is playing bass with them?

Probably Billy Sherwood.

I always thought Yes weren't the same without Peter Banks.

Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman are also touring. I've seen a few clips and its not bad.

Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman are also touring. I've seen a few clips and its not bad.

Perhaps they should all make an album together? They could call it ‘Union.’

I saw Yes at the Crystal Palace Bowl for the first performance of ‘Close to the Edge.’ I think it was also their first show without BB.

These touring bands effectively become self-tribute bands. Someone I know is going to Brum tomorrow. I skipped cos he is into the later phase YES and I am more of the first phase. All good though.

Was planning to go the Stone Free Festival later in the summer - but we seem to spending dosh on other stuff this year so I have left it alone.

Perhaps they should all make an album together? They could call it ‘Union.'

Wakeman called it "Onion." "Everytime I think about it, it makes me want to cry."

Its a tough one. The guys who are left obviously still enjoy the playing the music and appearing in front of a crowd. What are they meant to do?

Personally, I gave up going to see them years ago. It was sad to see my former musical heroes whose playing was a shadow of its former prowess. To compensate the speed of the songs was just sooooo slow.

The set list is a good one, and of course Howe was the main composer...

Firebird Suite...
nav_bullet.png
Yours Is No Disgrace (The Yes Album)
nav_bullet.png
I've Seen All Good People (The Yes Album)
nav_bullet.png
Sweet Dreams (Time And A Word)
nav_bullet.png
South Side Of The Sky (Fragile)
nav_bullet.png
Mood For A Day (Fragile)
nav_bullet.png
Wondrous Stories (Going For The One)
nav_bullet.png
Parallels (Going For The One)
nav_bullet.png
And You And I (Close To The Edge)
nav_bullet.png
Revealing Science Of God, The (Tales From Topographic Oceans)
nav_bullet.png
Leaves Of Green (Tales From Topographic Oceans)
nav_bullet.png
Ritual (Tales From Topographic Oceans)
nav_bullet.png
Roundabout (Fragile)
nav_bullet.png
Starship Trooper (The Yes Album)

It will be good to hear them all performed live. My seats are in the 3rd row at the middle front...

I was at that one in 1974 too. Can't bring myself to go and see Yes minus Jon Anderson though otherwise I would be down at the Phil with you, enjoy the gig.

I was at the MCR Bridgewater Hall gig on Saturday night - Steve Howe on his own is worth well more than the ticket price on the night.

I really didn’t like the drummer (Asia?) totally unsuitable - I think the bass player was struggling to play with him, fortunately we got 20 minutes of Alan White who kicked the other geezer into the long grass.

Hopefully Steve will be out on the road again this coming winter playing solo shows (recently caught him at the Band on the Wall).

Well its all we've got guys...and chances like this don't come around too often. I could have seen King Crimson last year but didn't take the plunge. I like KC very much but I have a more emotional attachment to Yes.
Gerard124...do they have an intermission ? Or is it a straight 2 hours plus ?

According to Forgotten Yesterdays there is a recording of Gateshead, I wonder how to get hold of that ?

advertisement

Back