advertisement

Yamaha NS1000 damaged grills

337alant

Negatively Biased
Damn :mad:
I have received my Yamaha NS1000 speakers and the plonker that sent them didint put any spacers between the drivers and the outside of the box so all the metal mesh grills are flattened one of the mid domes has a dimple
Anyone know where I can get some new grills ?

Alan

Alan, send em back they useless. Mid range units all but never come up for sale and when they do they are 400 quid.

Another pair will be along in a week or two. And go and see them before you buy.

Yes I agree guys and they are going back
The annoying part is that he clearly states in his add that all drivers are working?, the 2 bass drivers are absolutely solid and that has nothing to with the transit damage these drivers were shagged when he sold them.

Shame though I really fancied a pair of these speakers and I have bought the walnut veneer and steel for the stands:(

Alan

Alan, where these the ones that ended on eBay on Sunday evening from somebody in Andover?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Neil
Yes Paypal is the next move
SQ yes I thought the charges were excessive as well he probably only paid half of that

Alan

Neil
Yes Paypal is the next move
SQ yes I thought the charges were excessive as well he probably only paid half of that

Alan

Re-reading my post it lacked clarity. If no joy with Paypal go to you CC company.

EBay and Paypal once tried to stiff me when someone failed to supply goods but kept providing plausible excuses until the dispute window had been exceeded. My CC company refunded me when I brought it to their attention and presumably stiffed eBay/Paypal.

if the ns1000. ,s have been dropped in transit the bass units will be solid, the magnets will have moved and trapped the voice coil. I f you go for a pair of ns 1000s go and collect them its the only safe bet.

That's an issue with all older Ns1000's. The glue that positions the bass and midrange magnets goes soft with age and can easily be nudged off centre in transit. It's a safe bit to scrape the excess off the bass magnet when you get them and replace with a nice thick ring of 120 degree epoxy.

Depressing...

Some true idiots out there, A historic piece of audio equipment reduced to a couple boxes with bits :(

Not in the same ballpark but at work I`ve had a brand new colour laser printer returned to me as `not the right one`
Wrapped and taped up in a couple value black binbags nothing else!
Looked like it had been rolled down that hill with the cheese and the mad-folk,
I carefully bubble wrapped it and reboxed as if it were new, sent it back to them with the message `poke it up your arse`
Needless to say they didnt get a refund..

I hope all goes well and you do get a full refund!

advertisement

Back