advertisement

Yamaha HA-5 Phono Equaliser

There are other Yamaha stages, HA-1 2 3 and 5 models don’t think they made a 4. Some info/pics out there if you googly. A couple had a circuit board with FETs that went into a head shell, pretty trick. HA-2 shell pic, HA-3 was same but had more options.

There is a centennial range HX-10000 dual input MC haven’t seen much mention
http://www.yamaha10000.com/

Specs for HA-5

Allowable input 50mV
Input impedance 47 ± 10kΩ
RIAA deviation ±0.5dB
Power consumption 0.6W​

I know that there are some Yamaha geeks here, but what the hell does it do?

YAMAHA HA-5 Phono equalizer Amplifier MM Cartridge record player black cable JPN | eBay

It’s nothing more exotic than an MM phono stage! I have one and it’s a rather nice little thing.

I also have an HA-1 MC step up stage, which is very good, and an HA-2 unit but sadly without its matching headshell. However, I have recently acquired a headshell that matches the HA-3, so I’m hoping that will work with the HA-2 as well. Fingers crossed...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I had a search and it seemed to get the same description, irrespective of language or native language of the seller.

Cheers all.

Looking at the watermark on the photos this looks like it's the Ebay store for Hard-Off - a chain of second hand electronics shops in Japan. Well worth popping in for a browse if you ever happen to be passing one!

advertisement

Back