advertisement

Yamaha Amps which are the best ?

I think I would rather live next door to a nuclear reactor than have Beryllium in the house .
I don't think solid beryllium sheds or evaporates at room temperature. The beryllium domes I have at home sits behind wire mesh, so there is zero chance of contact.

I remember the MX1 & MX2 power amps from the eighties maybe. Pretty gutsy and a smaller less busy look to them, nice bits of kit.

Hi James ,
As Harold Wilson once said " circumstances dear boy circumstances " . We had a very lively physically advanced two year old who dismantled my Epos ES 14's when my back was turned . A wire mesh grill would not have stopped him and berylium is brittle and could be easily swallowed one of the most toxic materials known . The very thought fills me with dread and anyway I now prefer soft domes .Focal speakers come with a little bag and a pre-paid postage label for owners to send accidentally broken tweeter domes back to France for safe disposal . And yes I'm well aware that drinking the acid in a car battery is not a good idea and that life is full of risks but berylium in the house is just not for me . Hay Ho !

Someone will now tell me that I have miss quoted dear old Harold or that it wasn't even him who said it .

I don't think solid beryllium sheds or evaporates at room temperature. The beryllium domes I have at home sits behind wire mesh, so there is zero chance of contact.

We had a very lively physically advanced two year old who dismantled my Epos ES 14's when my back was turned . A wire mesh grill would not have stopped him...
I can think of a whole range of home dangers that would be a risk to your two-year old's wellbeing ahead of that posed by beryllium domes behind bonded wire-mesh grills. It's been a while since I've had to child-proof my home, so I may be out of touch with their creativity and destructiveness.

Sure sticking a knitting needle in a mains outlet is bad form . Our son was and is lovely ,he's now 32 where did those years go when he went to school age four he looked seven he had to remove the draw from under his desk so he could sit at it . The shoe shop called it the Thames valley phenomena getting shoes for him was a nightmare . He did slow down and is only five foot sixteen inches now . He never forgave us for naming him Ben .. Big Ben ! Very inquisitive straight A student and there is talk of Grand Children .

Can't risk it :)

The late 90's ( got a better handle on the dates now ) Midi gear is very good , I've also got a TX10 tuner which sounds very good it's titanium finish looks up to date and has a braun kind of cool thing going on . Lots of German systems on e-bay ,the black ones look good but thanks to our fantastic trade deal thats + 20 % vat and a handeling charge -we were all lied to .
I think I would rather live next door to a nuclear reactor than have Beryllium in the house .
Yeh, you can get something called Berylliosis as a result of Beryllium dust.
But do you really think it would be the case with audio gear?

I have my stash of Berylium behind locked in place grills, then behind a glued in place metal grill. I have four kiddies and they can’t get near it.

Yeh, you can get something called Berylliosis as a result of Beryllium dust.
But do you really think it would be the case with audio gear?

The hand book that comes with Focal speakers is quite scary , that could be EU health and safety though

advertisement

Back