advertisement

[FS] Yamaha A-S2100 Integrated Amp

Been mulling over this and wondering it's future , meant to be my last amp but we're moving and I'll have no listening room just an office . The amp will soon have to go into storage and sold at a later date or maybe I'll p/ex at a dealer for some kind of desktop streamer amp .
Meanwhile as it's still here a reduction £1250 plus post .

Been mulling over this and wondering it's future , meant to be my last amp but we're moving and I'll have no listening room just an office . The amp will soon have to go into storage and sold at a later date or maybe I'll p/ex at a dealer for some kind of desktop streamer amp .
Meanwhile as it's still here a reduction £1250 plus post .
If you like the Yamaha sound then a WXA-50 would fit the future..

Reactions: BJP
How are you finding it? About to buy the DCD-A110 cd player. I currently have a Yamaha A-S3000, winder if it would be an upgrade or sideways move?

The Denon controls the 12 inch drivers on my Yamaha NS1000 speakers better than anything I've tried before, it's very clear and detailed and the internal dac is very good.
I don't think build quality is quite to Yamaha standards, the volume dial feels a tiny bit lightweight, I was hoping for a really solid heavy feel. Used to own an AS1100 but it was too long ago to compare really.
I'd imagine a sideways step from as AS-3000 which I think retailed at a higher price point.
In some ways it's the best amplifier I've heard, I'd recommend trying one, but hesitate selling your Yamaha first.
Also.. the internal dac is very bright. Super detailed but I do need to tame the treble and mids on my speakers when using it. No brightness when using a chord Hugo through the amplifier though.

The Denon controls the 12 inch drivers on my Yamaha NS1000 speakers better than anything I've tried before, it's very clear and detailed and the internal dac is very good.
I don't think build quality is quite to Yamaha standards, the volume dial feels a tiny bit lightweight, I was hoping for a really solid heavy feel. Used to own an AS1100 but it was too long ago to compare really.
I'd imagine a sideways step from as AS-3000 which I think retailed at a higher price point.
In some ways it's the best amplifier I've heard, I'd recommend trying one, but hesitate selling your Yamaha first.
Also.. the internal dac is very bright. Super detailed but I do need to tame the treble and mids on my speakers when using it. No brightness when using a chord Hugo through the amplifier though.
Thanks, I’ll let you know what the cd player is like!

I’ve read it's pretty good so as they say, watch this space.

I’m keeping the amp, although I thought about buying the pair. Hifi news seems to have liked the cd player and I’m not worried about no digital inputs.

Fingers crossed as I bought it without listening which seems to be the way of things these days!

advertisement

Back