Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] XLR and RCA cables

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by montesquieu, Jul 14, 2020.

1. montesquieu

montesquieu pfm Member

Some system changes earlier in the year has made some cables redundant as the mix of RCA and XLR is different, so I have a few going spare:

First of all balanced/XLR connections:

Transparent Musiclink Super 1m XLR - the current iteration of these is £800. A review here of a slightly earlier version of the ones for I have sale. I'm looking for £225 including RMSD in UK.

Transparent Musiclink Balanced 1m XLR - an early version of the entry-level Transparent balanced cable, signed Musiclink Balanced, Transparent Audio Labs, these are without the network boxes of the later versions, but a fine heavy cable with quality terminations nonetheless. £65 including RMDS but I'll throw them in for £40 to the buyer of the Musiclink Super cables if wanted.

RFC Audio Hyperion 1m XLR - I bought them here on PFM a while back, these have the upgraded Cardas terminations - a beautfully-made, high-quality cable but surplus to requirements now so offered at what I paid for it, £85 including RMSD.

Next the RCA cables:

Ortofon AS-3800 1.5m RCA - Nicely put together Ortofon cable made in Japan, in orignal packaging, handy 1.5m length. Expensive to import from Japan, I'm offering this at £45 including RMSD in UK.

I'll try to get some pics up in daylight.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    GruntPuppy likes this.
  2. montesquieu

montesquieu pfm Member

Pic of the Ortofon RCA taken a while back - I forgot I had two of these going spare though I can only find the packaging for one of them.

Pics of the XLR cables to follow.

[​IMG]

3. montesquieu

montesquieu pfm Member

sorry haven't managed to take pics of the XLR cables yet but bumping this anyway ... a few nibbles but no bites yet.

4. montesquieu

montesquieu pfm Member

RFC Hyperion cables sold.

5. Vince Parkin

Vince Parkin pfm Member

Can't comment on the Transparent cables, but the Ortofon are beautifully put together and lovely. They really do sound like a more 'expensive' cable, very transparent.....no pun intended.
    Glws