advertisement

XLD Rip errors

boneman

pfm Member
Just got the Miles Late Quintet Box. Trying to Rip disc 2 and it rips all but the last track in XLD with no errors. The last track it gets through 3/4 of it and then ejects the disk before finishing. Errors report is as below. The disk is pristine. Anyone else had this? Any thoughts/solutions?

Track 11
Filename : /Volumes/athenaeum/iTunes/iTunes Music/11 The Miles Davis Quintet - Water Babies.m4a
Pre-gap length : 00:01:62

CRC32 hash : A3527A1A
CRC32 hash (skip zero) : 75C887BF
AccurateRip v1 signature : 115E823F
AccurateRip v2 signature : 6C3F5DDA
->Rip may not be accurate (total 207 submissions).
Statistics
Read error : 0
Jitter error (maybe fixed) : 7518
Retry sector count : 7552
Damaged sector count : 0

No errors occurred

End of status report

I've had a few odd ones with XLD, usually it fails on the fade-out of the very last track for some reason, which is thankfully inaudible. Might be worth ripping that track in iTunes as whilst it won’t be bit accurate it does seem able to get stuff XLD gives up on.

PS My issue is more likely to be the optical drive in my Mac, it is old now and has worked very hard over the years.

I've had a few odd ones with XLD, usually it fails on the fade-out of the very last track for some reason, which is thankfully inaudible. Might be worth ripping that track in iTunes as whilst it won’t be bit accurate it does seem able to get stuff XLD gives up on.

PS My issue is more likely to be the optical drive in my Mac, it is old now and has worked very hard over the years.
Thanks Tony. I suspect my 'Apple SuperDrive' is probably not the greatest. I've considered buying a replacement for it and may try that soon. All the ones on Amazon just seem cheap and not very good!

Related, but unrelated, anyone know of a good external Bluray drive a la Superdrive format? Not inspired by what's on Amazon

Thanks. Looks chunky and I presume it's not bus-powered, but a start. I've got a Steven Wilson bluray that needs ripping

Optical drives are rapidly becoming a thing of the past. My Asus internal Bluray just gave up the ghost. Try an Asus or Pioneer external maybe?

Thanks. Looks chunky and I presume it's not bus-powered, but a start. I've got a Steven Wilson bluray that needs ripping
They have slimmer ones. I was thinking the chunky ones might be a bit more robust in and higher quality.

Optical drives are rapidly becoming a thing of the past. My Asus internal Bluray just gave up the ghost. Try a Pioneer external maybe?
Yeah, the external Pioneers are very nice. They are around the same price as the OWCs now I see them. Probably the best bet for long term reliability thanks.

Optical drives are rapidly becoming a thing of the past. My Asus internal Bluray just gave up the ghost. Try an Asus or Pioneer external maybe?
Also, yep becoming a thing of the past but hoping they stay around as long as CDs are sold. Would be a drag if we had nothing to rip all this great music with given how cheap second hand CDs are these days!

Also, yep becoming a thing of the past but hoping they stay around as long as CDs are sold. Would be a drag if we had nothing to rip all this great music with given how cheap second hand CDs are these days!

Internal drives are just about rare as hens' teeth already

Has XLD detected your drive's 'Read samples offset correction value' as 6 for the SuperDrive (via Preferences..., CD rip tab)?

So ended up buying a Hitachi/LG DVD writer for less than £23 quid figuring, as I don't have a backup drive, may as well. Ripped the problem track in XLD 100% first try. Maybe my Apple Super Drive is just starting to get old. Thanks for all the replies!

advertisement

Back