advertisement

WW2 aircraft books ?

AudioAl

pfm Member
Any idea where to sell a big collection ( 50 + ) of WW 2 aircraft books , Nearly all are in perfect condition

Need to move these on due to my up and coming house move

Any advice welcome , Thanks

I have a friend who’s interested in WW2 aircraft - can ask him what he thinks.

What sort of books are they? Technical about planes, or tales of heroic daring do, or books about air campaigns?

I have a friend who’s interested in WW2 aircraft - can ask him what he thinks.

What sort of books are they? Technical about planes, or tales of heroic daring do, or books about air campaigns?

Yes all of the above and more

got an inventory? What value are you placing on them?

could you split by category?

what is your time scale for selling?

got an inventory? What value are you placing on them?

could you split by category?

what is your time scale for selling?

I have just got around to the cupboard that they are in , No list / inventory , How do I split as they are all about aircraft , Not a clue what the value is ,

Dad was in 43 Squadron, nicknamed the Fighting Cocks, Stationed at Tangmere / RAF Lucars in Scotland and other airfields , He loved his time in the service

I have just got around to the cupboard that they are in , No list / inventory , How do I split as they are all about aircraft , Not a clue what the value is ,

Dad was in 43 Squadron, nicknamed the Fighting Cocks, Stationed at Tangmere / RAF Lucars in Scotland and other airfields , He loved his time in the service

split by context? manufacturer? fiction/non fiction.

Anyway I linked to your thread on another forum that actually has an aircraft thread....

Just take photos of a few of the spines together if that's how they're stored in your cupboard, then people here could view the photos, should only take 6-8 photos to see them all

When my father in law died, he left hundreds of military history books, plus a few piles of magazines. I really didn’t want to go down the eBay route, but then a guy at work asked me if he could sell them at his military models and historical groups, with the money going to a charity.
This worked a treat. I kept about 50 books for myself, and a few hundred deed quid went to the British Lung Foundation.

If you could take a few pics of them there’s a chance I may take some of them, as WWII aircraft is a pet
Iove of mine, assuming I don’t already own them.
If it was me, I’d probably look at donating them to a local military museum, depending on your location.
In the south east, there are loads of airfields & flying clubs based on old aerodromes that might appreciate a small library.

If you could take a few pics of them there’s a chance I may take some of them, as WWII aircraft is a pet
Iove of mine, assuming I don’t already own them.
If it was me, I’d probably look at donating them to a local military museum, depending on your location.
In the south east, there are loads of airfields & flying clubs based on old aerodromes that might appreciate a small library.

One of my customers runs a charity that erects a monument at old airfields in the UK he's been doing it for years all over the UK.

https://www.abct.org.uk/stories/kenneth-bannerman/

Hope it works out, I very sadly lost my step father last week and we have about 300 fishing books to sell…

… and about 50 Cane rods and 100 reels, loads of Hardy etc.

Hope it works out, I very sadly lost my step father last week and we have about 300 fishing books to sell…

… and about 50 Cane rods and 100 reels, loads of Hardy etc.

The cane rods are mostly decorative these days, but the market for reels, especially of the likes of Hardy is strong.

Unfortunately the opportunities for me to try and catch a salmon or trout are virtually non-existent for the next 7 years 359 days 36 minutes. Approximately.

advertisement

Back