advertisement

[WTD] Someone to build a nice TT PSU to replace a wall wart

nmtjb

pfm Member
Is there any DIY'er on here that could build me a turntable PSU to replace the below wall wart?

Its to power an old Opus3 continua TT which doesn't even have an on off switch and no ramping on start/stop so it chuggers like mad when switched on. Once rotating its fine and maintains consistent speed.

IMG_3697 by Neil Tully, on Flickr

IMG_3700 by Neil Tully, on Flickr

I'm happy to case it up, would prefer front on off switch and speed adjustment- like a Bastin PSU for a Notts analogue eg.
Obviously for a proper ££ build rate, cover all the components etc.

Any help gratefully received (based on my complete lack of electronic knowledge), and/or suggestions for off the peg solutions.

Cheers

Neil

You could try Martin Bastin, I'm pretty sure he could build you one of his PSU c/w with an on/off switch and speed control.

Thanks Darren,

I'll give Martin a call. Think his standard NA supplies are more powerful than 24V though.

Thanks Jimmy,
I hadn’t realised the rega decks used 24v motors. That opens up the options, Edward’s Audio SC5 looks good. Martin B has passed all Wave production onto NA now, but did mention a proto psu for Garrards he’s working on.

Coincidentally I already have a mocked up Meldano controller, very generously donated and set up by Slawekt for a DIY Mag Lev turntable I also have on a very slow burn to complete.
That might well be an option here, I'll drop you a pm Dan,

Many thanks,

Neil

Thought you need the Rega P/S and the Swagman just provides 24v AC to the Rega P/S?
In effect, just a transformer in a box.....

Thanks Jimmy, yes - looks like its back to trying the Edward SC5, just need to check the plug dims.

advertisement

Back