advertisement

WTD Deltron panel socket for 4mm banana plug .

Isobarik

pfm Member
Hi to all.
Anyone help me out in obtaining a Deltron 4mm loudspeaker socket as fitted to a Quad 405 2.
I've got a Mission 722 power amp that's been upstairs for ages!
Decided to get it down to give it an airing! It's working ' No Smoke!' but one of the loudspeakers sockets is missing?
I vaguely remember taking out to install in another power amp to enable me to bi-wire but that was ages ago.
Anyone got one they want to sell? preferably a black one 'negative'
I know I can get them off the net but I don't need a pack, I just need one.
Anybody give me a dig out?
Regards
Ray
Could a Moderator please put this thread in D.I.Y. Classifieds. Sorry!

Do you have the 771 pre amp also? Power amp was the star of the two I reckon. It should beat some VERY expensive modern units. I was there at the public launch of these amps:)

Hi Jez
No I don't have the pre-amp. The Mission I have was the first power amp that Stan Curtis made for Mission before the 722 went into production.
Photos on their way. I hope you don't mind? Saves explanation.
Regards
Ray

I still have a Stan Curtis System A pre amp I built as a young 'en... very good actually! The matching power amp was basically a class A version of the 772. Both were in ETI magazine.

Hi Jez.
Glad you recognised it!
Probably put it into service,give the Dunlap Clarke Dreadnaught a rest! I know what your thinking! Bin it! :)

Ah right yes it was you who was in touch about Dreadnought bits a few weeks back... I thought it was OK rather than superb when I listened to a Dreadnought for a while. The MF A370 I was mainly using thrashed it! I never found much use for anything but the heatsinks from it when I scrapped mine. It was certainly one big, rare and at the time hideously expensive power amp! I well recall seeing it in hi fi year books when I was about 12 and having to pick my jaw up of the deck! It's HOW powerful!!? and costs HOW much!!?

Yes that was me Jez!
Yes it was expensive! I bought mine for £30 complete with the Fet 10 pre-amp.:cool:
I intended buying a MF A370 but never had the funds 'I probably still haven't?,I did manage to hear it though.
If I remember correctly John Farlowe imported the Dunlap Clarke amps before he set up Exposure Electronics.

I think I've still got the Hi-Fi Year Book with the price and specs for the Dunlap Clarke?
My next Mission 'no pun intended' go into the loft and dig the Hi-Fi Year books out.
Regards
Ray

Dreadnaught 1000 £982 plus VAT.
The 500 cost £700 plus VAT.
The pre-amp from the same company £535 plus VAT.
Yes! expensive.
The HiFi Year book says Dreadnought, it says Dreadnaught on the front of mine.
The specs for the 1000 are crazy,but I can believe the power output figures.

I've got some to hand so I'll save you the effort:) 250WPC into 8R, 500 @4R and 1000 @2R (according to the specs...)
THD 0.25% max 0.025% typical, £982 + VAT in 1978! I'm sure they were available before this but it isn't in my 74 book and there are gaps in years I've got. It was indeed imported by Exposure Electronics, Richardson Rd, Hove Sussex BN3 5RB
There was an M10 pre amp from them... £535 + VAT! FET10 sounds more like a Threshold pre....?

A Quad 405 was £145 + VAT and a 303 £98 + VAT. A&R A60 £115 + VAT for comparison.

Yes your right Jez.
It is indeed a M10.
I'll have to give that a whirl too.
Ray
P.S. I've found some loudspeaker sockets for the amp, not Deltron but they will do the job.

advertisement

Back