advertisement

Worst video game ever?

kasperhauser

pfm Member
I'm not convinced. I think I might actually play this just to say I've done it.

Desert Bus

It simulates the 8-hour bus drive (at 45 mph) from Tuscon, Arizona to Las Vegas, Nevada. In real time. There is no traffic to add interest, no passengers to keep you awake. Each completed journey earns 1 point. There is no "pause" button.

Available for iOS and Android.

well not really as it was designed to be intentionally bad.

There have been some real howlers though and the worst thing is that they can be a cynical ploy to part people with their hard earned cash. Im sure some developers know they have created a steaming pile of dung but they cash in on a film tie in or popular character/theme.

Be very wary of any game that seems to bypass the reviewers like aliens vs colonial marines. This went straight to tv advertising after years of hiccup development. I bet it sold quite a few but later reviews overwhelmingly said it was a bad game.

I dont fall for it as I make sure I read loads of critic and player reviews before purchase. I usually wait until well after release which saves me a small fortune.

Although not my cup-of-tea, Aliens:Colonial Marines was said to be a huge let down. The games community noted that the preview presentation showed a game that was nothing like the final release.

Andrew

well not really as it was designed to be intentionally bad.

There have been some real howlers though and the worst thing is that they can be a cynical ploy to part people with their hard earned cash. Im sure some developers know they have created a steaming pile of dung but they cash in on a film tie in or popular character/theme.

Be very wary of any game that seems to bypass the reviewers like aliens vs colonial marines. This went straight to tv advertising after years of hiccup development. I bet it sold quite a few but later reviews overwhelmingly said it was a bad game.

I dont fall for it as I make sure I read loads of critic and player reviews before purchase. I usually wait until well after release which saves me a small fortune.

Along you line of thinking Bruce has a go at some in game policies also crafted to extract money from user https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2013/07/f2p_monetizatio.html

advertisement

Back