advertisement

Worst Rock Band Of All Time

Double CD you say? Full gig you say? Why was I not informed of this before? I will have my butler bring me a copy post haste.

Yessir, sorrysir, That Amazon linky sir.

Did come out about 10 years ago though...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
What's wrong (right!?) about The Tygers Of Pentang?

And how can you guys forget Strypers - the Christian Heavy Metal Band?

Mosh for Jesus, biatches!

This is not one for the kids honestly. But where the hell one asks this question is a good question in its self.

What do you think of Rockbitch Did anyone ever see them? We did.. musically I thought it was quite good. Adult entertainment value 10 out of ten But as a man I would have that opinion.

A biker chap came with us. He said after "I felt so embarrassed. I felt i was at a strip joint I ejaculated twice. I never tell anyone i seen them"

I shall let the uninitiated google Rockbitch at their own peril. warning hide the kids first .

I got there album she has a hell of a Voice i think there called M-TV now or words to that effect and are touring USA constantly

This is one of there clean songs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCKeE9f9BP0&feature=related

about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApYfzkb3g70&feature=related

Thought for the day

Was the first original point and click interface a Smith & Wesson.

Appreciate the pingbacks and feedback on the Worst Rock Band page and other similar projects. Following the links here and seeing several of my favorite arcane bands being discussed actively made this a "must join" forum for me.

Well after the DFS advert and the fact my GF has just bought their last two albums I have to say Nickleback are the worst band ever. Pure bland corporate rock.

Oh hold on I forgot about The Cure.

Don't mind the Cure.

All else pales after hearing the Smashing Pumpkins, though. Someone should have Billy Corgan shot. Whiny little f**k.

Personally I find it funny how many bands I like and have in my collection are mentioned in this thread. In fact - it inspires me to go play some records shortly!! :D

However, I must add that I do find a fair amount of musical snobbery is awash around these 'er parts.

"Oh no, I cannot possibly like any band/artist that has been heard of by others or has sold more than a handful of records, or has ever been played on a popular radio station...."

Films. I like some 'classics' and I was moved by 'Schindlers List' and I enjoy some 'world movies' with lots of foreign talking..... ;) BUT I also like 'Hot Fuzz' and 'Spiderman' and other more mainstream/throw-away entertainment.

We are all passionate about music otherwise we wouldn't spend time here, but just because we are enthusiasts and as such get to hear lots of less mainstream stuff, doesn't make us somehow 'more worthy' or 'professors of sound'. Nor does enjoying mainstream make us lesser.

I think Queen, Rush, ELO, Genesis, Kiss and yes ..... Whitesnake (and many others mentioning in this thread) are all great acts with a huge catelogue of great music. Whether it floats your boat or not is another matter, but they are all masters of what they do and I for one appreciate it. :p

Worst - Miley Cyrus (which my kids kept insisting on watching whilst we were in the US recently)
Most overrated - U2

I agree with Samantha that there's a lot of musical snobbery on here.

We are all passionate about music otherwise we wouldn't spend time here, but just because we are enthusiasts and as such get to hear lots of less mainstream stuff, doesn't make us somehow 'more worthy' or 'professors of sound'. Nor does enjoying mainstream make us lesser.
Nor does it disqualify us from disliking what others might like. Personal taste and all that.

Leona Lewis won the X-Factor last year, out-doing Mariah Carey in the yodelling at near ultrasonic frequencies category, but otherwise singing OK. Under Simon Cowell's wing she got to No. 1 in the US charts.
I haven't seen any of the limpics, but might check youtube for that.

I agree with Samantha that there's a lot of musical snobbery on here.

Quite - but, having said that....Rush?! Beyond the pale - surely!!

And...how come some of you have never heard of Leona Lewis?? I mean, where have you been for heaven's sake??!! :eek:

:D

And...how come some of you have never heard of Leona Lewis?? I mean, where have you been for heaven's sake??!! :eek:

Planet Earth. But I stay in the off topic room. There are thousands of years of human culture. Sometimes I ignore the past year.

I googled Hot Fuzz as well. Looks interesting. But it's not on iTunes and I'm not due to go shopping again until October.

Quite - but, having said that....Rush?! Beyond the pale - surely!!

Lol - cheeky! :D

Carl - agree, we all have likes/dislikes absolutely. Just I am expressing an opinion that in certain quarters, some of this is being desided based upon snobbery rather than actual musical/entertainment merit.

Hot Fuzz - yes, funny, but not high brow ;) My other 'top tip' for funny in recent(ish) films would be "In Bruge" - a little less obvious so will suit more of the sensibilities around here. :p

Awful thread, remminscent of a similar thread in another forum. Anyone slagging off anothers taste in music is basically just a snob, whether that band, artist etc has sold millions or 10's of records. If someone likes it, then it has merit.
Saying that I could (but won't) name a few that I believe people 'like' just to be hip. Like wearing a cap half off your head or rolling a trouser leg up, or leaving laces undone.

advertisement

Back