advertisement

Worst Rock Band Of All Time

I think The Who might qualify for the Greatest Band Of All Time.
They started out as punks, were dysfunctional in everything but artistic output, never a nod to any other fad or trend, matured with their public so we can all grow old together, are as hypocritical as their public, which adds the human element and charm, and made Quadrophenia which has to be the best album of all time (Side 1 being the best LP side in the history of the world. I urge you to listen to it instead of just going to 5.15 on side 3).

Did they improve? Nah, they were The Who. There were no bits to it, with this bit being better than that bit - they were just The Who, take it or leave it as a whole.

thank you !!!
I think this is very sad thread.I love Genesis in 70's and dislike them from 80's up but still are far better then most of the crap today!!!Worst band?Is there any? For someone who likes Pink Floyd then the worst band could be ABBA,for someone who likes Abba the worst band could be Pink Floyd.
I should sell my hi fi and buy a JKDFX100 from China.

The music that I love and moves me in an emotional way is considered crap on PFM.

i.e

Genesis
Pink Floyd
yes
Police
Porcupine Tree
Ozric tents

You get the idea!

Perhaps I am not clever enough to understand 'intelligent' music, but it F****G annoys me when people diss Genesis's lamb lies Down........

Cant I just enjoy well played and conceived rock?

thank you !!!
I think this is very sad thread.I love Genesis in 70's and dislike them from 80's up but still are far better then most of the crap today!!!Worst band?Is there any? For someone who likes Pink Floyd then the worst band could be ABBA,for someone who likes Abba the worst band could be Pink Floyd.

No, please, Thank you!

Texas- thats one should've been mentioned on 1st page.. atrocious! As is Crowded House. Both have staggeringly crap names too.

I can't believe there's a band called The Enid- they have to be a dull modern uk indie band with a name that banal.

What about Yes when they incorporated Buggles.
What the hell was all that about?

Trevor Horn was 'Buggles' and he produced Yes during that period and appeared on an Album when Squire and Anderson had a 'difference of opinion'. Not sure you could say that they 'incorporated Buggles' though!

It was Geoff Downes as well and as that was all of them, under the Yes band name, then that's pretty much incorporated I'd say. Still, doesn't matter much whatever does it. It was like having Take That join Aerosmith. Even now, after all these years, I still find it the most bizarre combination.

This thread was supposed to be about a guy writing an essay on the subject and how "Wayne's World" he was about it. It was brilliant. These things always turn into lists though, don't they. We seem to have a thing about creating lists for some reason.

I didn't know that Geoff Downes was in Buggles too!

I guess that in that sense Yes did incorporate Buggles.

They did, literally, incorporate Buggles for the "Drama" album, without Jon Anderson. Then they broke up, and when they got back together a few years later, Horn had become the next hot thing as a producer, so he produced the album with "Owner of a Lonely Heart," though he was no longer a member of the band. By that time, Downes was in Asia, with most of the actually interesting members already out the way out or gone.

What a bunch of opinionated whiners. I like whatever music I like, and I don't like what I don't like, and frankly I couldn't give a toss what anyone else thinks of my record collection. It's for listening to, not personal validation.

advertisement

Back