advertisement

Worst musical genres ever.

what were all those 'historical recreation' type groups from the early eighties about anyway??

adam and the ants (saved by marco pirroni)
tenpole tudor
there are a bunch of others whose names escape me now

The only thing I can think of is hits recorded by other artists in compilations. "Popular" in the 60's and early 70's. When I was walking round Wilco's before Christmas they were playing Slade's Christmas song recorded by a different band trying top sound like Slade.

Not sure what it’s called, but that music where the vocal is literally a very course knackered shouty roar, usually heavy metal type of backing. You can’t hear any words, just a raucous loud shout.

Does anyone know what it’s called? apart from shite.

Industrial...try Front Line Assembly!

Didn't the Slits reference Brahms? "I wanna touch toys, I wanna hear Brahms" ?
Or am I imagining it...?

This rang a bell with me - I think it might be the Rezillos. The same song as (imagine the Scottish accent) “I can’t stand up...let me sit doan!”

I’m sure I had a copy of it, but it seems to have disappeared from my collection like all my other singles from the 76-80 period. Doubly annoying when the likes of Cilla and Lance Percival are still there.

The only thing I can think of is hits recorded by other artists in compilations. "Popular" in the 60's and early 70's. When I was walking round Wilco's before Christmas they were playing Slade's Christmas song recorded by a different band trying top sound like Slade.

i only recently found out slade was originally a skinhead band ... originally ... was truly bizarre for me

Well, as Ambrose Slade in 1969 they were not a skinhead band. Chas Chandler changed their image in about 1970 to get publicity.

There is a whole swathe of modern Jazz which people I know rhapsodise over, get all blissed about the virtuosity of the performers etc, and all I can think of when I hear it is:
"All our representatives are currently busy, but your call is important to us!"

There is a whole swathe of modern Jazz which people I know rhapsodise over, get all blissed about the virtuosity of the performers etc, and all I can think of when I hear it is:
"All our representatives are currently busy, but your call is important to us!"

The alto saxophone immediately takes me to that place.

jazz is another than makes me puke. They should learn to read music rather than make it up as they go along

Elevator muzak is about the only genre I can think of... I don’t hate it per-se, more like feel a sense of being trapped in the presence of a lower power.

Last edited:
jazz is another than makes me puke. They should learn to read music rather than make it up as they go along

Do you play an instrument? Most Jazz is quite structured, even the so called freeform stuff:)

advertisement

Back