advertisement

worshipping the glimmer twins

Bob McC

Living the life of Riley
just back from the Manchester Stones gig. It was awesome. I can see why Jagger has 7 kids - I'd sleep with him! Keef's guitar was effortless and the rest of the musicians were superb. Took Tony's advice and wore hearing protectors for most of the gig but took em out for the oldies!

Anyone elsr go to it and what d'ya think?

Bob

PS at the end, on the small stage, they had a valve amp on top of a speaker cabinet. At least I think it was a valve amp.

We went all the way to Osaka to see them in May :rolleyes: at my wife's insitance I should add.
Tough to say if it was a really good performance as we were about half a mile back and and half a mile up and the sound from the PA was pretty rough where we were - no need for ear plugs at our distance from the stacks.
It certainly was an experience, and though the sound was a bit grim they were rocking away and looked like they were genuinely enjoying themselves. I reckon Keef's onstage spat with Mick was staged - good clean fun none the less.
Mick is amazing. What an entertainer... even his Japanese patter between songs was good.

advertisement

Back