advertisement

woop woop new (old) kit

Rico

Bloody Colonials
I couldn't pass up a D7000 with 35mm 1.8DX lens for 180 quid. It came with manual, charger, batty, unused strap, a fast sandisk 32GB card, the lens and hood, and the box. It's in clean condition, having done about 60k releases. There's life in the old dog yet.

I know many of you here have recommened them to me previously. Hell, I even on-sold the first D7000 I scored as part of a job lot; it didn't fit my plans/needs at the time.

I plan on using this as a compact portable kit with mostly primes, to keep the weight down. Tennis elbow has been hampering my photography as I try to encourage healing of the tendons. I still have my 12-24 F4, 18-200, and 18-70 DX zooms... mostly because I hadn't gotten around to getting rid of them.

I've not shot DX for over a year, my D300 has only seen a little use with my daughter. Best I clean that up, and sell it as well as a couple of MB-D10 grips that I have. I think I'll get more use out of this than my Canon G10.

Anything I need to know about the D7000? The tiny viewfinder is a bit of a shock after full frame goodness.

Tennis elbow! I have had it 4 times! mostly from the gym, massage the tendons in every spare moment you have and it will go right.

Or go for the injection but don't watch as they pull the needle out slightly then push it back in at a different angle, squirt and repeat!

Pete

thanks Pete. I've done a course of physiotherapy, am using a sock (brace), massaging in Waleeda tendinitis ointment (suroprisingly a great releif)... am about to see my acupuncturist, and get some more physio. I'm lucky, needles don't bother me, though hopefully I can avoid hydrocortisone shots. #8 )

The D7000 is a super camera, so long as you don't attempt any high ISO antics - I did some low light shots of a friend's wedding in Stockholm recently, and it was a beginning to get bit noisy at 2000 ISO. I have never used a full frame DSLR, but if the viewfinder on the D7000 is tiny by comparison, I suspect you will quickly adapt to it.

If I need high ISO, I've a D700 and a pair of D3's. they look good at ISO5000, as long as there's enough light.

small viewfinder? I've owned D70, D200, D300... they each got a little better in turn, but were never a patch on my 35mm SLRs. So I'm not confident I'll learn to love it!

advertisement

Back