advertisement

Woodworkder: Amplifier 'foot marks' on Isoblue shelf?

boneman

pfm Member
Anyone who's had IsoBlue shelves will likely know what I'm talking about. I bought my set second-hand with marks already there on two of my shelves. Any woodworkers out there with tips on how to diminish or remove save refinishing?

The feet have probably absorbed mobile components in the finish, although there is a chance that mobile components in the feet have screwed the finish.

If the feet have absorbed anything, those components really need replacing in the finish. All you have to do it work out what has been stripped from the finish, and replace it.................................

Try on one of the rear marks first - lots of oils and waxes might fix it - take your pick as a starter. Even TINY smears of sunflower or rape or olive oil MIGHT work, or a good beeswax polish, but leave for at least a week or two to judge. A long job unless someone has cracked it already.

If the feet have lost something into the finish, the solution is likely to be far harder to find.

Rub the marks with a large,new eraser. Often all ye need. Try rubbing an unobtrusive spot with wet/dry 3000 sandpaper.Then dip an artist’s brush into watered down matching wood stain and use enough coats to match colour.:cool:

advertisement

Back