advertisement

Woodside amp and CD player, with Royd Sapphire IIs

CDP fault was not that chip, I am stupid for not fully checking voltages at chip pins before making that assumption, I was too lazy to dig out data sheets - -5v rail at TDA1541A is reading -10v.

Thread started in DIY room here - I think I have a failed TDA1541A S1...

Richard

CDP fault was not that chip, I am stupid for not fully checking voltages at chip pins before making that assumption, I was too lazy to dig out data sheets - -5v rail at TDA1541A is reading -10v.

Thread started in DIY room here - I think I have a failed TDA1541A S1...

Richard
Hi I have an ISA 230 and am thinking about fitting a phono stage. Could you send me some photos of your PS it will help me with the PCB design. Many thanks David my email is [email protected]

Hi David

Amp is no longer with me I'm afraid, I sold it shortly after this thread - the ECC88 is the one at the back left of the chassis (also with selector switch). The cct diagram is also there on page 1.

Richard

Ok thanks for getting back to me. Did you like the amp? I have had radford and woodside power amps in the past but never used an intergrated. Regards David

Yes, I liked it - especially after swapping out the shitty speaker cable that came with it :) But I have a modified Croft Micro II and various power amps in my main system, and couldn't justify keeping the Woodside. I do, however, still have the WS3 CD player...that will be a bit more difficult for me to part with :)

David,

I am now the owner of Richard's amp. Not going to happen this week but happy to sort you out with some photos of the phono stage next week.

The phono board is fitted below the selector switch (with the ECC88 poking through).

It's a pig to get apart as the amp has been modified and there are wire connections between the top and bottom board.

David,

I am now the owner of Richard's amp. Not going to happen this week but happy to sort you out with some photos of the phono stage next week.

The phono board is fitted below the selector switch (with the ECC88 poking through).

It's a pig to get apart as the amp has been modified and there are wire connections between the top and bottom board.

Good...I was wondering where all the passive components were :)

OK Richard many thanks for the update. I have a a WS2 CD but it won't pick up the CD when you load it and press play. This by all accounts is a common fault; brother and friends have the same player with these issues. Any one who can share a cure? They are wonderful sounding players.

David,

Hi many thanks for your reply. Some photos would be really useful. The amp is on its way to me (just bought) and i am really looking forward to hearing it. Cheers david

OK Richard many thanks for the update. I have a a WS2 CD but it won't pick up the CD when you load it and press play. This by all accounts is a common fault; brother and friends have the same player with these issues. Any one who can share a cure? They are wonderful sounding players.

Long way to send the WS2 assuming you are UK based, but I am happy to fix it for at parts costs only - likely either simple and a loading belt slipping, or a more complicated PSU rail problem. Worst case laser is worn out, but even that is fixable with patience :)

Wonderful players - they should be kept working. If you don’t want hassle, I’m also happy to buy it from you ;)

Hi Craig - in the end I also picked up some Sinatra IIs. As I have far too many mini loudspeakers, especially as someone who runs 63s in his main system, to my shame I put the Sapphires on a local auction site at CHF 1...they sold for CHF 28 I think...about £20 or so! Ho-hum - I only paid a little more for the Sintras! Still stings a bit to think of it though :)

I’m considering selling the Sintra’s too - I really don’t need them, but I do appreciate them.

Richard

I certainly understand the compulsion to collect small loudspeakers Richard, I have at least a dozen pairs here at present.

Of Late, I've been enjoying listening to these early NHT 1A acoustic suspension boxes, positioned on their backs; giving a Shahinian Larc like sound field.

08edfcbc.jpg

Long way to send the WS2 assuming you are UK based, but I am happy to fix it for at parts costs only - likely either simple and a loading belt slipping, or a more complicated PSU rail problem. Worst case laser is worn out, but even that is fixable with patience :)

Wonderful players - they should be kept working. If you don’t want hassle, I’m also happy to buy it from you ;)
Hi OK I have one and a mate has one as well. Where are you in the UK? Kind regards David

OK just seen that you are in Zurich but thats OK. PM me with your address and I will ship both the WS2's. Regards David

advertisement

Back