advertisement

Womens Football Worldcup.

After some readjustment I have enjoyed the tournament...But...

I have noticed a lack of quality in the final third, plenty of accuracy in the midfield but the final ball needs urgent work.

The games lack dynamic punch, most are played at the same pace all over the park & this is why I feel the final ball is quite poor in many circumstances & no where enough goal mouth action for my liking.

Let's not kid ourselves, this sport has been going for decades, the women's game, as far as i'm concerned needs some urgent technical work if it is ever going to draw in audiences like the men's game. Some of the technical ability has been well below par for the modern game.

There are no excuses, women's tennis, to name but one, is equally as technically gifted as the men's game as are many other women's sports relative to men's.

I have found myself switching channels far too often during this tournament, mainly due to boredom.

Could that not also apply to some men's tournaments

Bloss
I have often switched off during world cups but none so many times as during this tournament.

It needs a match.

Most thus far have been much of a muchness.

I still feel the Dutch are the most technically gifted & have the best awareness when on the ball, something that has been lacking, lot's of stray passes & hopeful long balls. It becomes tedious to watch.

Yes it was , brilliant , really exciting , I thought Japan were going to be steamrolled by the physical Dutch side but there skill shone through and if it wasn't for another bloody penalty which smacked the Japan girl's arm , how was she to avoid that ? Ah well I'm sure the Dutch will stand up to the German's a bit better that Japan may have done .

Agreed it was really unlucky. A great game and I agree the Japan side gave a good account of themselves.
Some quality saves from Dutch keeper.
England will need to be on their game to beat a good defensive Norway tomorrow.

England v France/USA if thy win tonight.

Much tougher but beatable.

Playing well with the odd lapse in concentration, which seems par for the course at this tournament so not particularly an England thing.

Well played England gave Norway a few chances but we were the best team and deserved it ,

Makes a nice change to have an England team in the top 3 in the world, which they have proven through this tournament. Only the USA & Holland have been up to England's standard.

They were different class tonight.

In yesterday's game it seemed particularly evident that almost every time Nikita Parris got the ball she passed it straight an opposition player.

Apologies to Nikita - must have been the back elbow to the jaw from the Cameroon player that put you off!

Great game tonight and I'm surprisingly optimistic for the next game!

Who is it again?

Oh - France or USA.

Let's hope it's France and we can stuff it to Emanuel whoever!

The good news is that we won’t have to face both the current Cup Holders and the Home Nation..............

Once again, the England Laydees produced a team performance far beyond what most so called England Men'sTeams of recent decades could aspire to.
Agreed, they were a bit sloppy and casual at times, but this surely becase they had great faith in their goalie and their defence?

It has taken this ladies team to get me at least partly interested in football

It makes a nice change watching an England team knowing that we won’t getting the usual yobs on tour stories following them around the host nation.

That strike from Lucy Bronze for the 3rd goal was superb but the last couple of penalties from Parris are a worry. She’s hitting them at just right height for a keeper who goes the right way. They’ve either got to go low or roof of the net if you’re brave! The next match could be decided by the odd goal and maybe by way of a penalty. So would you still let her be chief penalty taker in the next match? Big call for the manager that.

Last edited:
I don’t agree. I think England have a better attack than France, and USA will have had one less days rest.

It’s isn't a given. I think we will shade it.

advertisement

Back