advertisement

Womens Football Worldcup.

It's a bit dull, a bit slow & I just cannot force myself to watch anymore of it i'm afraid.

I may as well be honest rather than patronising.

I clearly remember watching group games in the Men's World Cup, let alone domestic games, that were a bit dull and a bit slow.

I was having this discussion with a gent I know whilst watching my daughter playing football at the weekend, he watches the Villa week in, week out (I am also a season ticket holder at a lower league club...not Macclesfield but close!)
When watching the girls play I do not compare them to men's football and it would be a misjudgement to do so. Remember these girls are playing football. They have given up everything to play football. They live and breathe football. They have an equal measure of passion and skill for our beautiful game. The Argentinian side yesterday showed us everything that football is all about. It was their first point and clean sheet in a WC against a very good Japanese side who are one of the favourites.
Some of the games so far have been very entertaining, end to end, played with pace, skill and passion that I earns my admiration.
It has inspired my daughter to go out there and play against all the odds. She scored her first goal on Sunday, she put her foot on the ball, turned, beat 3 defenders and put it in the net with her left foot. Her smile lit up the world, that is what makes football, men or women, so special to me personally.
These girls who are out there playing football are all heroines.

Sorry but the Women's World Cup thus far is not proper football. There seems to be no diving, writhing around as if they've been shot when they trip over a blade of grass, no overpaid prima donnas, no cries of 'we were robbed by the ref' after losing 5-0, no bigging up of a team not capable of delivering, no neanderthal personalities masquerading as darlings of the tabloids, no individuals thinking they're bigger than the team, no managers blaming everyone but themselves for their failure to manage and no proper violence in the bars the night before the games..... until it gets up to a proper standard that I expect from the 'beautiful' game, I'm out!

:rolleyes:....now that me giggle very loudly, I can't get the image of Harry Kane having his makeup done on the backpage of a particular tabloid out of my head!

Rain stopped play at the moment , Sweden v Chile , quite a downpour , I was wondering how on earth can you play in that and the answer is you don't .

USA v Thailand bit one sided. I wont spoil for you all by posting the score after 55mins, as I know you'll have recorded it.

The football writer in my paper said that Hope Solo (ex USA women's goalie) was the pundit to watch.

He wasn't wrong!

C'mon get real
Macclesfield Town are better than any of the teams in the WWC
It's dull dull dull
No I don't think they are !

That's not the point anyway , I would sooner watch this than the crappy premier league which is just not sport.

saw this at the airport yesterday which is a sersious improvement on the men's tournamnet (though, judging by some of the nasty comments here, many seem to prefer their glossy cr7 calendars):

tmp_3ACluy_e9916ba51c7efc50_SPI190513_SWCOVER_02_PROMO.jpg

I thought New Zealand were a little unlucky yesterday.
...and wow, USA have arrived, just how amazing was that!

It was a rather flattering to the USA - the poor part timers from Thailand did not stand a chance really. Unlike others I did not view the USA performance as an omen for other teams.
If anything it was so easy for the USA that it might make them over confident.

advertisement

Back