advertisement

Witchhat Phantom Estimate?

I’ve heard nothing from witchhat. Never received the cables. Never received a refund. Paid by credit card and now I’m forced to go through the fraud department to recoup my funds. This is unfortunate. I like to support small businesses, however, this has been a disappointing experience and a waste of time and money.
There’s quite a large thread on the NAIM forum about Witch Hat Spectre/Phantom delay issues and refunds etc. Might be worth a read…

I gave up WH long ago.
Something wrong there, products might be good but they seem somehow not qualified to run a proper business, a pity really.
One of their excuses were they needed to test Spectre, which cable direction was preferred, sound like a bad excuse to me.
Threads too long and too moderated on the white place.

Yep, just had the same thing. No longer replying to calls or emails for refund.

I always buy from small businesses but this has been disappointing. On to bank.

with everything online these days so may retailers get full payment up front even when delivery cannot be confirmed. I have been reluctant to do this, I am happy to pay a deposit as I would rather the money be in my account. Small business or not this is not a good advert or inspire confidence. I hope you get your money back.

There’s quite a large thread on the NAIM forum about Witch Hat Spectre/Phantom delay issues and refunds etc. Might be worth a read…
I was noticing the latest postings on that thread. Not a good sign. I have a bad feeling Witch Hat might go belly up, which would be a real pity. I have 2 Morgana signal DIN cables, I did an A/B test with the standard Naim Lavender (I don't have any fancier Naim cables to compare to), and the Morgana's were massively better. I also have the Phantom, and have concluded that although I could possibly improve on them, I'd probably have to spend a hell of a lot for a worthwhile improvement.

I have been dealing with Witch Hat for over 10 years. I have had all my amps serviced by them. All my interconnects are WH. In the past few weeks I have had my Spectre cable delivered to replace my Phantoms. I have never had any problems with them other than a bit of patience will not cure. All my emails have been replied. I emailed them last week and received a reply back within 3 days.

Last edited:
Great products from nice people, but it seems that was not enough to keep them in business. A sad day.

After nine years, we are absolutely devastated to say that WITCH HAT has had to close its doors and cease trading. We've loved working with all of you and thank each and every one of you for the support you have shown us during this time. Insolvency Practitioners are being appointed and will advise on all next steps. Our goal is for everyone to get their amps back and for no one to be left out of pocket. We will do everything possible to ensure this happens!

This is really sad. I’ve been buying their stuff since 2017. They have never let me down. I’ve had my spectre in place for over a month now ( thank the stars). It’s a really excellent cable and, like their other products, a really palpable upgrade. I wonder what went wrong ? The buy in advance with a discount model worked very successfully with Phantom,has it gone wrong with spectre ? Or is it a more general overstretch and the bank have called it in?
It seems from the other forum a lot of people feel distressed and fear they are out of pocket.
Let’s hope they can find some way out of the mess.

“Great products from nice people, but it seems that was not enough to keep them in business. A sad day.”

Great product but not so nice people. They’ve been lying to a lot of people for at least the past year with all the bs.

Great products from nice people, but it seems that was not enough to keep them in business. A sad day.

Great people but not so nice people. They’ve been lining to a lot of people for at least the past year with all the bs.
Make your mind up.

The first statement was from someone else. My contribution was the second one. I think they have been treating people very poorly. Some people made orders last year and got updated emails from witch hat and personally I think it’s disgusting the way they have doing business. I cancelled an order four weeks ago but had not reply to half a dozen emails. Yet after asking if they were able to make an xlr cable replied the same day with an invoice. So no not good people as far as I’m concerned

Seems the product reputation has outlasted the company. A 3.5m pair of Phantoms (last WH price £280) has just sold on ebay for £310 (plus postage). Never thought my speaker cables could be an investment!

I was close to order a 5M pair Spectre in the beginning of their marketing release.
Luckily I came to my sence, looked at final price and said no thanks - too expensive.

The day they ceased trading, I went to sell my Phantom 5M pair on ebay.
Soon after I sold to a happy US customer at a very good price.
In fact I needed a bit more than 5M, then I went for a 6M Kudos KS1.

advertisement

Back