advertisement

Witchhat Phantom Estimate?

UsualsuspectX

Hey Folks. I ordered 5m runs of Witchhat Phantoms for my Naim Supernait 3 and NDX2 into Harbeth Compact 7’s. It says on their website they are looking for new suppliers for Phantom cables. Does anyone have any further info on when they might be ready to ship? I’m prepared to wait (I think they wrote 1st quarter of 2023)…..just checking to see if anyone has heard anything further.

They are ready to make them now! Had an email about an hr ago that orders are now being g built.. hang on a bit and you’ll be good

Hey Guys, I checked in with Witchhat on 3/6 and they said the Phantoms I ordered would be shipping the following week. I haven’t received any shipping notification and it’s been 3 weeks since the estimated shipping date. I checked in again this week (4 weeks after my first polite email) and now I’m getting no response. I’m not being a jerk about it, I was just asking if they had a new estimate. Does anyone know what’s going on? I’m starting to get a bit worried. I’m waiting patiently, but the lack of communication is a bit troubling.

I've just realized the new Spectre, with assumely 9 month delivery expected, need 634 hours of run-in before you can establish directionality..

Hey Guys, I checked in with Witchhat on 3/6 and they said the Phantoms I ordered would be shipping the following week. I haven’t received any shipping notification and it’s been 3 weeks since the estimated shipping date. I checked in again this week (4 weeks after my first polite email) and now I’m getting no response. I’m not being a jerk about it, I was just asking if they had a new estimate. Does anyone know what’s going on? I’m starting to get a bit worried. I’m waiting patiently, but the lack of communication is a bit troubling.

There's a phone number on their web site, why not just ask them directly?

They are not speaker cable manufacturers just suppliers attaching the plugs. Cable can be shown as available on the web site and orders are taken even though the cable is not in stock. Orders from the manufacturer appear to be in small batches related to cash flow, so estimated delivery is fluid to say the least. Time will tell if this model is sustainable as buyers become increasingly frustrated and go elsewhere.

Reactions: S_J
I've called them a couple of times this week and they've answered each time and given some help.

I have also found them very responsive to emails in that they get back to me the same day or next working day.

.sjb

I had read they were back in stock and ordered a set more than a month ago and then heard nothing. I purchased the n2 not long before this and received them. I asked for a refund for the Phantoms as I had heard no response to two queries regarding delivery time. I was told that my refund request would be forwarded to their accountant and I’d be updated soon..

I had read they were back in stock and ordered a set more than a month ago and then heard nothing. I purchased the n2 not long before this and received them. I asked for a refund for the Phantoms as I had heard no response to two queries regarding delivery time. I was told that my refund request would be forwarded to their accountant and I’d be updated soon..

They are seemingly unaware of what this kind of response sounds like?

If you paid with PayPal just make a claim for non delivery. Same if you paid by credit card: just phone your card issuer.

I’ve heard nothing from witchhat. Never received the cables. Never received a refund. Paid by credit card and now I’m forced to go through the fraud department to recoup my funds. This is unfortunate. I like to support small businesses, however, this has been a disappointing experience and a waste of time and money.

advertisement

Back