advertisement

Witch hat Morgana Vs witch hat hatpin 4

Naim that tune

pfm Member
I’ve got the witch hat hatpin 4 cable between my Naim 202 and 200DR and found it to be a nice improvement over the standard Naim cable.

Wondering if I moved up to the Morgana version would it be as big a step up - anyone made the same upgrade?

I have had the Morgan burndy cable burning in for about 5 days now - its definitely an improvement over Naim . Why dont you just buy one and if you dont like it return it within the 30 day period ?
Once i have my CDS3 serviced im ordering an Anaconda

I had the hat pin 4 between 272 and 250 DR and it improved on the standard Naim lead.

I then changed my 250 for 300 and now have Morgana 2x mono din to XLR leads from the 272 and the improvement is very substantial. Better bass and mid range. Tamed some treble in my room.

As others have said WH offer a money back option so you could try them out. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

by the way WH has some user hints on their website and I think they consider that best bang for buck is at the pre to power amp stage - which is exactly where you are.

Update: Got a Morgana 4 pin SNAIC from eBay. Hearing some new sounds compared to the old Hatpin cable.

Surprising how much louder it was when swapped cables, clearly much more music passing through this cable. More open sounding and vocals are more detailed and prominent.

I did find it initially a little harsh sounding at the top end, either it has calmed or my ears have got used to it more after a few hours. Overall a brighter presentation compared to the witch hat Hatpin.

Still not completely comfortable with them yet, hoping they will soften a little with more hours/days play. Will perhaps give it a week and then try the old cable for comparison. Been a fun lockdown experiment so far anyway!

Update: Got a Morgana 4 pin SNAIC from eBay. Hearing some new sounds compared to the old Hatpin cable.

Surprising how much louder it was when swapped cables, clearly much more music passing through this cable. More open sounding and vocals are more detailed and prominent.

I did find it initially a little harsh sounding at the top end, either it has calmed or my ears have got used to it more after a few hours. Overall a brighter presentation compared to the witch hat Hatpin.

Still not completely comfortable with them yet, hoping they will soften a little with more hours/days play. Will perhaps give it a week and then try the old cable for comparison. Been a fun lockdown experiment so far anyway!

I know it's been a while but I would love to hear your update. I've got a SuperNait 3 and HCDR and upgraded to HatPin 4/5 around the time you made your original post. Clear, obvious uplift... but not enormous. Biggest change was noise floor dropped immensely.

However, I just bought a Morgana 4/5 via Witch Hat's Easter sale and can report back on the change, if you want (it's your thread and I'm not here to hihack).

Hello!

Well I waited and waited for the cables to settle down/burn in but the harshness remained after a couple of weeks and they ended up back on eBay.

So in the end went back to the hatpin. I would actually be interested to know how you get on with yours, perhaps the Morganas will click with your set up?

I will let you know. I expect there to be quite an order back log at WH, but I will advise with initial impressions.

Hello!

Well I waited and waited for the cables to settle down/burn in but the harshness remained after a couple of weeks and they ended up back on eBay.

So in the end went back to the hatpin. I would actually be interested to know how you get on with yours, perhaps the Morganas will click with your set up?

Morgana SNAIC 4 & 5 arrived. Wow.

My Naim Supernait 3 + HiCap DR stack just took several large steps toward my dual mono tube preamp and SET tube monoblocks! The holographic magic for sound stage and imaging that has really defined Single Ended Triodes is now alive in my Naim system. The accurate positioning and stratification of sound sources within the soundstage is hugely improved. The overall scale presented at all volume levels in orchestral works and electronica is now a prominent feature of the presentation. The sense of 3D envelopment is now obvious and it immediately draws you in. Soundstage width, depth, and height have all increased.... but not artificially so.

It's just fantastic. These Morgana are staying. HatPin 4 & 5 are getting sold when I get around to it.

How are WH doing on delivery times? I am hoping mine arrive this week, as originally suggested (not promised)...

I originally ordered Morgana SNAIC 4 & 5 during their Easter sale. Those came to the US inside of two weeks IIRC.

However, after getting them in between my SN3 and HCDR, I realized that I should have ordered the Morgana RCA->DIN Source cable as well. I did that in late May and it took over 3 weeks to show (which is more in-line with my prior orders from WH). But all arrived when Josh said they would.

How are WH doing on delivery times? I am hoping mine arrive this week, as originally suggested (not promised)...

I ordered a set of Phantom jumpers about 4 weeks ago and have not heard anything yet. The hatpins I ordered during the easter sale took 3 weeks. I think I'll probably hear from them pretty soon with the dispatch info, but if I were you I would go in expecting 4 weeks at least.

I’m considering a Morgana DIN to XLR between my supercap and 250DR. I’ve had the 282 upgraded with the superlink mod, which was a stunning improvement, but that means I cannot upgrade those cables between 282 and SC. Just wondering if the Morgana would still be worthwhile? Source interconnects and speaker cables are TQ Black diamonds.

I’m considering a Morgana DIN to XLR between my supercap and 250DR. I’ve had the 282 upgraded with the superlink mod, which was a stunning improvement, but that means I cannot upgrade those cables between 282 and SC. Just wondering if the Morgana would still be worthwhile? Source interconnects and speaker cables are TQ Black diamonds.

Can’t answer your specific query but as mentioned above my 272 to 300 benefitted from Morgana. Witch Hat have their halloween sale on until tomorrow night……

I originally ordered Morgana SNAIC 4 & 5 during their Easter sale. Those came to the US inside of two weeks IIRC.

However, after getting them in between my SN3 and HCDR, I realized that I should have ordered the Morgana RCA->DIN Source cable as well. I did that in late May and it took over 3 weeks to show (which is more in-line with my prior orders from WH). But all arrived when Josh said they would.
I have the SN3 with hicap like yourself and was considering getting the cable connecting the two. Can you tell me if it was a worthwhile change.

I have the SN3 with hicap like yourself and was considering getting the cable connecting the two. Can you tell me if it was a worthwhile change.

Oh yeah. I remain very pleased.

Trying to resist buying another Morgana RCA -> DIN (that I do not need) during their Hallows sale.

advertisement

Back