advertisement

[FS] Witch Hat Hatpin 5 cables

jusphish

Enthralled by Naim
Selling two (2) Witch Hat Hatpin 5 cables. These are 240 degree 5-pin DIN to DIN, and can be used as a Naim SNAIC replacement, typically between Naim preamplifier and power supply. I used these to carry 4 rails and signal between a SuperCap DR to a NAC 282. They will also fit HiCap, FlatCap, TeddyCap, and maybe some other PSUs. These are a nice upgrade to the stock Naim cables as they improve shielding between the signal and power wires.

Asking £49 each, including post to the UK (only). Note they are from different batches thus look a little different - notably one has thicker insulation and more shrink-wrap at the terminations. I could not discern a difference between them, sonically. Both are 1m in length.

Lnj05R2l.jpg

Both cables now sold. @MJS I almost held onto yours but alas… I’ll have to hold my regrets until I decide to go and build a second system again. :)

Have a bump on me, I made the cable on the left
Hi I’m the new owner of the cable you made :) Thank you @jusphish for a smooth transaction.

To be installed this weekend … I note it doesn’t have any direction indicator. Kind of academic given it’s been used already but did it/should go in a certain direction? I also managed to acquire a Hatpin 4 and that has a little white sticker with an arrow …

(Note this is more for my OCD than any ability to hear subtle differences)

The older thick cables weren't very directional, the newer thinner ones were. So the newer ones had direction markers but the older ones didn't.

advertisement

Back