advertisement

Witch Hat Audio ceases trading

I doubt it!
Sec 75 protection in the U.K. is pretty solid.
The great thing about it is you get repaid pretty much immediately while the dispute continues. If Visa et al. later find your claim invalid, then they’ll take the money back. But in this case, you should be good to go.

Hope everyone get their money back. Niche manufacturers are not always viable in the longer term, we are talking about a niche within a niche here; a market that cannot really grow.

This business of audiophiles paying ahead for things produced by small suppliers has to stop. So many of us have been burned including myself.
So glad to see that many are careful about payment methods.
One, very reputable, audio retailer asked me to pay by bank transfer recently. Sadly, I'm just not playing.

I can just imagine the rolling of eyes and the slight loss of goodwill for future purchases.

Ordered and paid for Phantom cables based on a direct email from them during their Easter sale. Needless to say I’ve not received the cables or a refund that I requested. Shady stuff.

Ordered and paid for Phantom cables based on a direct email from them during their Easter sale. Needless to say I’ve not received the cables or a refund that I requested. Shady stuff.

If you paid for it with credit card...start a S75 claim asap...you will get your back reasonably quickly.

Sorry to hear that, disgraceful they have taken your money when they know the order is not going to be completed. I was going to ask, why are they having a sale, but then I read they went to the Munich Show, makes you think.

I wonder if someone might create a list, not on PFM obviously, of those responsible over the last few months or so. That could then be updated with their latest positions/companies and used as a reference for those who don’t want to lose money in this way.

We can all speculate about what actually pulled them under but in reality it's always the same reason, ie they can't pay somebody and they've been sued for bankruptcy.

The thread has already been closed to such speculation and further comment is IMHO unhelpful, both to those who may or may not have lost money, and also to anybody trying to rescue the company.

In the fullness of time the truth may come out, but now probably isn't that time.

Looking at the website it looks to be in business (again?). If this is so that’s great news, and I wish them all the best.

Perhaps we’ll get further updates?

advertisement

Back