advertisement

Wireless speaker for Kitchen

Ideally you want to have all bases covered, Bluetooth, Airplay and UPNP for future proofing and versatility. The lack of UPNP on the Audio Pro is what is holding me back....I just wish Naim would have a QB blowout!

It turns out the Audio Pro does have UPnP. I'm now streaming from LMS to a C5 with the UPnP plugin.

I have a lot of Sonos in the house (they seem to breed....!) but if I had to pick a speaker to just connect with a phone, I'd have a Dali Katch every time, just amazing for the money.....much of the value in the Sonos is the "system" approach which of course is somewhat lost in a single speaker setup. If you only want a single speaker, I'd look at the Dali

We have a Bose Soundlink unit that we keep in the kitchen, carry to the garden and cart with us on Holidays. Despite the cost and my general dislike of the Bose schtick I am rather pleased with the thing. We all link whatever phone is nearby and I am always surprised at the quality of the sound from a little box. Rechargeable battery seems to last a long time too.

Easy. JBL L300 Summits, Crown DC300A with Audio Research SP3 driven by Gates or EMT TT with a Denon 103. Next.
Now you need the right kitchen and attitude to go with the hi fi:cool:

advertisement

Back