advertisement

Winter election III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the absolute blizzard of lies. It’s exhausting. I mean I’ve been critical of the BBC for not interrogating the lies but I’m not sure what they’re supposed to do here. Everything he says is a lie.

I think the only logical thing to do is just no-platform him.

Corbyn stands for a much needed change of direction in our politics.

Calling him and his supporters names is unfounded

But it is OK to call all other party leaders and their supporters names it seems if you are a Corbyn supporter ?

I've just tried to watch it on i-player and had to turn it off. Lie after lie, bluster, prefabricated slogans. Dire.

Why don't they turn his mic off when he blusters on, talking over the interviewer. Bully Bullingdon boy.

Why don't they turn his mic off when he blusters on, talking over the interviewer. Bully Bullingdon boy.

The reason I was 20 minutes or so behind the Marr show was I’d been watching Sophie Ridge on Sky, and I couldn’t stay to the end as that arrogant stuffed corporate shirt Dominic Raab was doing his ‘thing’. Everyone who has ever worked in any dull grey office block will recognise his type of obfustication, blinkered intransigence and bullying as IME every corporation has at least one Raab lurking somewhere. If this absurdly depressive election brings just one gift I hope it is Raab losing his seat! Obviously Johnson losing his would be way better, but I suspect that is far less likely.

The reason I was 20 minutes or so behind the Marr show was I’d been watching Sophie Ridge on Sky, and I couldn’t stay to the end as that arrogant stuffed corporate shirt Dominic Raab was doing his ‘thing’. Everyone who has ever worked in any dull grey office block will recognise his type of obfustication, blinkered intransigence and bullying as IME every corporation has at least one Raab lurking somewhere. If this absurdly depressive election brings just one gift I hope it is Raab losing his seat! Obviously Johnson losing his would be way better, but I suspect that is far less likely.

My brother-in-law ! :):( (Not Raab, fortunately, though they're hard to tell apart!)

If you worked in an office with someone like Raab, theyd have to have the air conditioning set to freezing to stop him sweating.

The DT reports this morning that under Labour's manifesto proposals of an increase in corporation tax, increase in the taxation of dividends and the removal of valuable reliefs, a company director earning £40,000 who pays him or herself with a combination of a small salary and dividends could be as much as £6000 worse off.

This category would include shopkeepers and IT consultants, and self-employed plumbers, builders and so on. In other words normal middle income earners who are often already struggling to make a decent living whilst investing in their businesses, and probably includes a good number of pfm members.

But it is OK to call all other party leaders and their supporters names it seems if you are a Corbyn supporter ?
Whataboutery, whataboutery

I’ve called Johnson a liar, and he is. I’ve called the Tories a threat to public services and the working condition of ordinary people, and they are.

Show me where I’ve called A Tory supporter names and I’ll apologise.

Whataboutery, whataboutery

I’ve called Johnson a liar, and he is. I’ve called the Tories a threat to public services and the working condition of ordinary people, and they are.

Show me where I’ve called A Tory supporter names and I’ll apologise.
Remember shy Tories can feel quite vulnerable when they’re personally merged with their leaders. It’s like you’re criticising them.

The DT reports this morning that under Labour's manifesto proposals of an increase in corporation tax, increase in the taxation of dividends and the removal of valuable reliefs, a company director earning £40,000 who pays him or herself with a combination of a small salary and dividends could be as much as £6000 worse off.

This category would include shopkeepers and IT consultants, and self-employed plumbers, builders and so on. In other words normal middle income earners who are often already struggling to make a decent living whilst investing in their businesses, and probably includes a good number of pfm members.
Link and some context please or we’ll just assume it’s your usual Telegraph bollocks.

Edit: FFS I just realised DT is the telegraph. Honestly, don’t bother. You might as well cite Boris Johnson.

I’m about 20 minutes behind on iPlayer, but to my mind the Bullingdon oaf is coming across as the absolute arsehole he so clearly is. He is the very embodiment of arrogance and entitlement and looks remarkably ugly in content, behaviour and body-language. Lying, blustering and deflecting at every step, and with that smug elitist mindset on show that only highlights he thinks he can get away with it. If the UK public fall for this charlatan class-warrior the country genuinely deserves to fail.
I hope you’re right, but I was trying to watch that interview with my ‘man in the pub’ tinted glasses on and through that lens it seemed to me that Johnson wiped the floor with Marr, it was Marr who stumbled over his words and seemed the flounder and get flustered.

I agree, when it comes to content, Johnson has none and his only tactic is to fill the vacuum with lies and very short sound bites. But I fear that my mitp hasn’t got much time for content or truth, our only hope is he hasn’t got time to watch Marr either

They're all at it...who dug up the Boris quotes about the characteristics of certain social types recently?You can't tell me that the left are not as active in digging and flinging shit as the right are? It's very easy to prove.

Except that the press and media are biased towards the Tories by a massive margin so it's largely irrelevant what the 'left' do or don't do. The election is not being fought on a level playing field!

<cries for IT "consultants" no longer able to reduce their tax bill by pretending to be a company>

Watching this mornings performance by Boris he is certainly keeping to the Cummings message of talk over any awkward questions, in fact just keep talking! Shocking performance for a person wishing to hold the office of Prime Minister.

I thought there may be a slim chance of him going head to head with Andrew Neil but I suspect that will not now happen.

I hope you’re right, but I was trying to watch that interview with my ‘man in the pub’ tinted glasses on and through that lens it seemed to me that Johnson wiped the floor with Marr, it was Marr who stumbled over his words and seemed the flounder and get flustered.

I agree, when it comes to content, Johnson has none and his only tactic is to fill the vacuum with lies and very short sound bites. But I fear that my mitp hasn’t got much time for content or truth, our only hope is he hasn’t got time to watch Marr either

Won't matter, the tabloid influenced mitp will be very well served by the likes of The Sun and the 'Just get it done' rhetoric. Johnson will likely win this election on the back of the dumbass vote and the next 5 years will be the worst 5 years of anyone's life outside of those who can remember WWII.

Remember shy Tories can feel quite vulnerable when they’re personally merged with their leaders. It’s like you’re criticising them.

You have called me this before ....not bothered what you do call me but you are full of shit all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back