advertisement

Winter election II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just couldn’t believe this. The Conservatives rebrand one of their principal propaganda channels FactcheckUK during the debate, and get away with it?

Of all the lying **** things to do, it’s just breath taking. Someone’s head should be on a metaphorical spike, given that level of sheer, sneering contempt for democracy and the electorate. Amazing.
Your breath is obviously easily taken.

Emily Maitlis is utterly demolishing lying Tory idiot James “Cleverly” on this at the moment. She really has wiped the floor with him.

The long-sleeved jumper is obviously to cover the scarred knuckles from pavement rash.
Hopefully, if the Olympic Commitee include 'race to the bottom' in Japan 2020 we are surefire favourites for a gold, well that or Olympic foot-shooting competion.

FFS!!

is it any wonder Britain is in the state it is in with inhabitants like this? I think he is the one that needs to be got out.
What struck me was how physically similar Johnson and the racist bloke were. Neither looked the sort that would get anything done any time soon.

They were both ****, doesn't bode well for any future government. Complete waste of an hour where both deviated from the question, should we have expected more probably not. Make sure you draw a big cock:D
The Today programme this morning is coming from a college in Sheffield. They're doing various bits & bobs of audience vox pops, and they've just done one about impressions of the leaders, after the debate. One comment filled me with despair, a young student said that they preferred Johnson, because he gave straight, short answers, whereas Corbyn waffled.

The problem is that Corbyn recognises that these are complex issues, for which a short soundbite isn't sufficient. Johnson, however, knows that the soundbite is all that matters. People won't remember the content, they'll just hear his 'decisive' leadership in giving a short, snappy answer, and they'll chalk up a win for him.

The Today programme this morning is coming from a college in Sheffield. They're doing various bits & bobs of audience vox pops, and they've just done one about impressions of the leaders, after the debate. One comment filled me with despair, a young student said that they preferred Johnson, because he gave straight, short answers, whereas Corbyn waffled.

The problem is that Corbyn recognises that these are complex issues, for which a short soundbite isn't sufficient. Johnson, however, knows that the soundbite is all that matters. People won't remember the content, they'll just hear his 'decisive' leadership in giving a short, snappy answer, and they'll chalk up a win for him.
It is rather sad, politicians have had to evolve their responses over time. Blair always used offer "two things" to every question, both of which put his message across without actually answering the question. I very much doubt either leader will cut too much across their base.

is it any wonder Britain is in the state it is in with inhabitants like this? I think he is the one that needs to be got out.

Hmmm, if obesity and poor education/low intelligence* are the arbiters of who should 'go', then this is truly a cross-party issue.

*delete to suit PC bias.

I note the post has been removed, and quite rightly so, as it was a display of bigoted intolerance in in itself.

I’m afraid voters like this deserve everything they get. He’s in higher education? Then he’s apparanyly intelligent enough to understand what he’s advocating. It’s why I’m in favour of ( if it’s going to happen) the full Brexit that Farage, Tice and many in the Tory leadership are actually calling for.

In a 150 character world, impact is everything. Last night We were never going to see any rigorous exploration and debate on particular polices. Of course that in itself might be scary, since they probably don't hold up to much scrutiny.

A more detailed and focussed series of 121 debates on a number of exclusive topics would show their skills/ineptitudes to all.

Potential topics:

• Brexit yes/no detailed plans for either
  • Preserving and developing NHS and healthcare policy
  • Education
  • Economic development and taxation policies to pay for above (plus welfare, housing, law and justice, defence etc)
An hour long debate without studio glitz crap on just two of above, would be far more illuminating than last nights dog and pony show.
Better moderation also required imo

Obviously based on your political persuasion, I have no allegiance. No content evasion of the question pretty much a modern day political debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back