advertisement

Windows 10, Sonic Stage 4.3 and the Sony MZ-RH1

madmike

I feel much better now, I really do...
Well here I am 5 years later trying to use my Sony MZ-RH1 as it should be with a Windows 10 desktop PC.

I posted on this very topic 5 years ago when I found a workaround but 5 years of Windows updates and the current iteraton of Win 10 has got me beat.

The issue is as before; that you have to disable digital signature verification before Sonic Stage will recognise the MZ-RH1. Under Windows 10 you cannot access Admin mode to do this.

Yes there are lots of articles posted on the net but none of them actually work. I'm stuffed!

Well here I am 5 years later trying to use my Sony MZ-RH1 as it should be with a Windows 10 desktop PC.

I posted on this very topic 5 years ago when I found a workaround but 5 years of Windows updates and the current iteraton of Win 10 has got me beat.

The issue is as before; that you have to disable digital signature verification before Sonic Stage will recognise the MZ-RH1. Under Windows 10 you cannot access Admin mode to do this.

Yes there are lots of articles posted on the net but none of them actually work. I'm stuffed!
Do you mean that you can't access Local Group Policy Editor - gpedit.msc? If thats the case you need to upgrade to Windows Pro. Thats easily done with a key (free) but you'll then have an unactivated copy until you shell out a fiver for a new license key.

Cheers,

DV

Darth...I have 64 bit pro win 10....can you advise what to do please ?

Fingers crossed! Sign on as administrator and then perform the following steps:-

a) On your PC press Win+R (thats the key with the Windows symbol and the R key pressed together) and in the Run box enter gpedit.msc.
b) In Local Group Policy Editor from the left panel click on User Configuration.
c) Then, from the main window double-click on Administrative Templates.
d) From the menu that will open double-click on System and then go to Driver Installation.
e) Select the Code signing for device drivers entry.

Now we have a totally crazy bit:-

f) Select Enabled and from the drop down located beneath select Ignore.
g) Click Ok to apply your changes.
h) Restart your Windows 10 Pro system.

Whoever thought up step f) is bonkers. You have to enable code signing for drivers in order to tell the stupid system to ignore it!

Take your time and double check each step and don't touch anything else as you can get yourself into a pickle. Please make a backup of your complete system first just in case.

Best of Luck,

DV

Been following this and please excuse my ignorance, but what driver are you loading? Okay I know it's for the minidisc, but what's it called and where can I download it?

I did at one time use my minidisc a lot but I'd like some fresh music to choose from. Cheers .

advertisement

Back