advertisement

Windham Hill recordings. William Ackerman.

Martyn Miles

pfm Member
I’ve just dug a little played CD, William Ackerman ‘Passage.’
So well recorded.
The guitar, piano, etc. sound SO realistic through my Stirling V3s.
I’ll have to see if there are any more Windham Hill CDs available.
Mine dates back to 1981...

I've got Conferring With The Moon which I haven't listened to for yonks.
Duly queued up to follow Kenny Burrell.

Any album by Will is worth having but "Past Light" is my favourite - similar in feel with duet / ensemble like "Conferring..." and "Passage".

I'd also recommend anything by Alex De Grassi who (ISTM) was less well known than his WH cohorts, Will and Michael Hedges.

I bought a lot of WH in the late 80s / early 90s when it was almost being given away.

I've got "The Sound of Wind-driven Rain" though I haven't played it for a long time*. It's good anyway.
@Martyn Miles have you heard Yasmin Williams? She seems to me to share some qualities with the Windham Hill guitarists - sparkling melodies, crisp playing, unflashy virtuosity and excellent SQ.

* Why would I? Wind-driven Rain is the sound of every day here :(

I've got "The Sound of Wind-driven Rain" though I haven't played it for a long time*. It's good anyway.
@Martyn Miles have you heard Yasmin Williams? She seems to me to share some qualities with the Windham Hill guitarists - sparkling melodies, crisp playing, unflashy virtuosity and excellent SQ.

* Why would I? Wind-driven Rain is the sound of every day here :(

Very Michel Hedges - like. :cool:

Any album by Will is worth having but "Past Light" is my favourite - similar in feel with duet / ensemble like "Conferring..." and "Passage".

I'd also recommend anything by Alex De Grassi who (ISTM) was less well known than his WH cohorts, Will and Michael Hedges.

I bought a lot of WH in the late 80s / early 90s when it was almost being given away.

Thank you for your recommendation re. ‘Past Light.’
I’ve located a copy and it’s on its way...

advertisement

Back