advertisement

Wilson audio sasha's

graystoke4

pfm Member
hi i might be able to get my hands on a pair of sasha's , but living in england my room is only 12f by 23f and i will be firing them down the length of the room ,my question is as i will be buying these without a trail have i got enough room ?

A friend used to have the Sashas in a room around that size, though the speakers are placed on the long wall. Nice speakers.

i have installed sashas in smaller rooms
however they do need careful positioning and tweeking by a fully trained wilson installer to get the best from them

hi i might be able to get my hands on a pair of sasha's , but living in england my room is only 12f by 23f and i will be firing them down the length of the room ,my question is as i will be buying these without a trail have i got enough room ?

I have heard Sashas in a configuration very close to what you propose though it was a well damped dealer room. They sounded lovely. If I recall correctly, at one time the Wilson website had information on their setup methodology that you may find helpful. Beautifully made by the way.

thanks for the info,,,these will set me back a shitload i have sonus fabers elipsa's at the moment do i really need the sasha's |???

if i do get them [ girlfriend]pissed of just talking about it ,,she said i need a new kitchen instead .,,you are all welcome to come round and help me set these up,,,i have spectral amps esoteric cd ,,

...I always lusted for Wilsons, be it a Sophia or Sashas. They are timeless classics, beautifully made.

In my view the Sasha is the sweet spot in the Wilson line of speakers. They sound coherent and are just right in the bass. The owner of the Sashas has upgraded to the Maxx 3 and I have listened to them 3 times now. I actually preferred the sound of the Sashas over the Maxx 3. The bass of the Maxx3s is too strong and prominent for my preference. It's not boomy bass, just too strong and punchy. There are couple more negatives about the Maxx 3 that I don't like but I'd better not reveal too much..

thanks for the info,,,these will set me back a shitload i have sonus fabers elipsa's at the moment do i really need the sasha's |???

What's wrong with the Elipsa at the moment? What are you hoping to gain from punting on the Sasha? More dynamic & slam?

If you feel you need to limit the budget slightly my own personal Avalon Ascendants will be up for sale soon. The sashas are great but for under 5k the Ascendants would also be very very hard to match IME.

Agree with the careful placement of the wilsons as well. Getting the triangle and toe in just right needs some work.

all much of a much now,, the bloke has taken them off e-bay ???? i am playing my elipas now 7 am and drinking a beer very happy ,,,,paloma faith ,,thanks for all your input ,,, i was up to £16000. made my eye's water..anyway going to Thailand in 4 weeks you might get some weird info then ,,,, cheers ,,,

Thailand will put the idea of blowing £16K on loudspeakers into perspective. Enjoy.

thanks merlin,, can't wait i will bring you something back can you get a krell in a rucksack ,,,if so will i be walking like john Wayne with 40 k in a back-pack

advertisement

Back