advertisement

Will The UK Go To War With Syria & Russia?

Will The UK Go To War With Syria and Russia?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Max, have you asked yourself why, if Russia had evidence such as is claimed, it wouldn't be using 'back-channels' or even normal diplomatic routes to inform friendly and neutral governments of what intelligence it has, as well as letting the UK, France and the US know they had been rumbled?

This is very much the preserve of national security material, something nation states usually keep close to their chest, not least for fear of compromising their sources. They play these cards most carefully. Instead, Russia seems to have generated a press release. Does that not seem odd, to you?

In making a media storm out of it, it smells more like propaganda than actual intelligence to me.

Max, have you asked yourself why, if Russia had evidence such as is claimed, it wouldn't be using 'back-channels' or even normal diplomatic routes to inform friendly and neutral governments of what intelligence it has, as well as letting the UK, France and the US know they had been rumbled?

This is very much the preserve of national security material, something nation states usually keep close to their chest, not least for fear of compromising their sources. They play these cards most carefully. Instead, Russia seems to have generated a press release. Does that not seem odd, to you?

In making a media storm out of it, it smells more like propaganda than actual intelligence to me.
But surely Russia would want it out in the open so people could see the contradiction between the official regime change narrative of Russia, Assad bad, the West good?

I'm sorry Max, I may be missing something but I don't follow. You seem to be suggesting the official regime change narrative of Russia is 'Assad bad, the West good' which is clearly not what you mean so I can't respond as yet.

Why are you even arguing with "Superchump" Flinn? Apart from the fact he's so besotted with Putin he wouldn't listen anyway, there's the fact, as you pointed out, there is no evidence for this whatsoever, other than the Russian propaganda.

I argue with Max partly because it can be fun (in an 'entertaining debate' rather than 'goading' sense), but also because I recognise that dissenting voices like his are a valuable way to ensure I don't occupy a bubble. He is, if you like, a canary in the coal mine, and should be made more welcome. It's helpful to understand what another side might be thinking and saying. Without Max, I'd be less well informed of these contrary arguments as I'd certainly not seek them out for myself.

He's a conspiracy theorist, and there's no arguing with them.
That may be true, but sometimes simply developing the relevant argument helps me to understand whether my own position is just gut feeling, or something with a more rational basis.

I see the BBC are still referring to the throat-slitting Wahhabist terrorists of the Nusra Front as 'rebels'..

Syria Idlib: Trump warns of 'grave humanitarian mistake'

US President Donald Trump has warned the Syrian government and its Russian and Iranian allies against "recklessly" attacking rebel-held Idlib province.

In a tweet he warned of "a grave humanitarian mistake" in which hundreds of thousands of people could be killed.

Syrian government forces are said to be preparing a huge offensive on the last major rebel stronghold in the country.

The UN says such a campaign could have disastrous consequences for thousands of civilians.

The US state department also warned on Monday that Washington would respond to any chemical attacks by the Syrian government or its allies.

-------------------------

And the neocons are prepping the public for the inevitable chemical weapons attack to be laughably blamed on Assad, for at least a third time:

jvrSiR0l.png

https://twitter.com/nikkihaley/status/1036758129462128640

I wonder if 10,000 or so of these type of 'rebels' were holding say, Greater Manchester hostage, would people want it liberated?

A second whistleblower has come forward to reveal that the OPCW's findings re the alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria in 2018 are bogus, and that the US pressured the OPCW into stating that the Syrian government was responsible for what is now clear was a staged event.

The Hugely Important OPCW Scandal Keeps Unfolding. Here’s Why No One’s Talking About It.

Here investigative journalist Aaron Mate speaks to award-winning MIT Professor Emeritus Theodore Postol about the scandal:

Syria scandal: New whistleblower claims UN chemical weapons watchdog buried Douma evidence

I’ll take this opportunity to again recommend folk watch the documentary film ‘For Sama’ which was screened on C4 recently (still up on the All4 player here). A truly superb account of a group of friends who lived in Aleppo and charts the whole thing from the euphoria and optimism of the ‘Arab Spring’ right through to the brutal destruction of the whole area by Assad and Putin. An entirely different perspective to our RT propaganda apologists, revisionists and conspiracy theorists and well worth a look. Not an easy watch at all but an exceptionally powerful movie.

Fox News (of all places!) is the first mainstream media outlet, and might be the only one, to cover the story that OPCW whistleblowers have revealed the gas attack in Douma, blamed on Assad, never in fact happened, and the OPCW lied in order to pin the blame on Assad:

Tucker Carlson on the 2018 chemical attack in #Syria: “America almost attacked a country and killed thousands of people over an attack that may never have happened in the first place.” “We’ve been lied to. We’ve been manipulated. We knew it at the time.” - Sarah Abdalla on Twitter

Vid in this Twitter link

The journalist: Tareq Haddad has resigned from Newsweek, because, well, see his twitter thread:

Yesterday I resigned from Newsweek after my attempts to publish newsworthy revelations about the leaked OPCW letter were refused for no valid reason.

https://twitter.com/Tareq_Haddad/status/1203275823945601024?s=20

I have collected evidence of how they suppressed the story in addition to evidence from another case where info inconvenient to US govt was removed, though it was factually correct.

https://twitter.com/Tareq_Haddad/status/1203276303396483072?s=20

I plan on publishing these details in full shortly. However, after asking my editors for comment, as is journalistic practice, I received an email reminding me of confidentiality clauses in my contract. I.e. I was threatened with legal action

https://twitter.com/Tareq_Haddad/status/1203278342688038912?s=20

I am seeking legal advice on how to proceed and whether I may be entitled to some type of whistleblower protection due to possibly fraudulent behaviour. At very least, I will publish the evidence I have without divulging the confidential information.

advertisement

Back