advertisement

Will Grillos be grilled by Inland Revenue?

Darth Vader

From the Dark Side
£685,000 undeclared income. Hmm thats tax evasion surely?

Thats an enormous sum and it amounts if they are not guilty of stealing/defrauding from their employers to undeclared benefits in kind. Maybe they'll end up in prison anyway.

Cheers,

DV

It's either allowable expenses declared on their P11Ds (incredibly unlikely) or income. The only get out is if it's a personal gift and the 7 year rule would apply.

Mmmm, requires a confirmation from Nigelia or Charles surely?

Everytime I see the Grillo sisters I just start laughing and think you dont want them anywhere near your credit card :) They just look like trouble those two :D

What proof do we have that they received the goods? The unconfirmed reports of their former employers. How much else went through those cards, and for whom?

Would appear to me they are gifts and thus not taxable .

Also it occurs to me , following the co-op man police sting , there isn't a drug dealer in London who will supply Nigella at the moment , she will not be having a white Christmas .

The gifts allowed in any given year are limited, after that they are a BIK. Otherwise it's just too bloody easy. Oh I only earn min wage as a director of XYZ, the BMW is a gift, so was the wife's Rangey, and my clothes, and the Ocado trucks every other day, the watches and other jewellery, the holidays, school fees and a few other bits and bobs.

fair point .

Additionally , it occurs to me if they are on PAYE and they took this money legitimately according to a jury , it will be for Saatchi to pay the tax . Ho hum .

advertisement

Back