advertisement

Wild weather hits east coast of Australia

How sad. I love Byron. Queensland and NSW has had it bad in the last decade hasn’t it :(

I have family in Brisbane, one lives in a riverside house in Brisbane, the other luckily on higher ground.

Blimey, just saw that Bribie island has been cut in two due to erosion as well :(

At least USA will rejoin the initiatives against climate change after that selfish racist retires to his golf course. As if he needed any more handicaps.

Australia certainly bearing the brunt of climate change, shocking images
They really ought to consider whether they ought to continue exporting hundreds of millions of tonnes of coal every year (and hundreds of millions of tonnes of iron ore etc). Coal and mineral extraction and exports are absolutely huge in Australia. I also remember reading that they're clearing forest faster than Brazil (link).

Australia is an environmental nightmare.

They really ought to consider whether they ought to continue exporting hundreds of millions of tonnes of coal every year (and hundreds of millions of tonnes of iron ore etc). Coal and mineral extraction and exports are absolutely huge in Australia. I also remember reading that they're clearing forest faster than Brazil (link).

Australia is an environmental nightmare.
Spot on for all the above. The Prime Minister didn't help. https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/un-defends-excluding-morrison-from-climate-summit-canberra-livid-with-johnson-over-snub-20201211-p56mk7.html.

He makes Boris look like a smart man.

So sad for such a beautiful place.

I spent a very happy (sometimes deliriously so :cool:) month in Byron. Anyone remember The Arts Factory, over the railway lines and down the road?

advertisement

Back