advertisement

Why does Sturgeon think Scotland will be in eu ?

peter bj

pfm Member
I get rather tired of Nicola Sturgeon , so I thought I would look up populations
UK 64 million
Scotland 5.3 million
Surely the woman is deluded if they did get independance the eu would not be interested in taking them on , ecconomy is poor and the eu probably pays them more than they pay in . They would be left out of all markets and go bust .
She is just interested in being a big fish in a small pond and is wasting Scotlands money on promoting her view

Proper far-right, fascist, BNP-supporting website. I suggest don't click.

I have zero interest in the site, I thought I'd linked an image, not a site. I do apologise. I'm in no way a BNP supporter. I've removed the link and replaced it with something more appropriate.

Proper far-right, fascist, BNP-supporting website. I suggest don't click.

So, can you tell me how Scotland can survive outside of the UK given its crippling social costs, the fact that the EU will not take on another dodgy economy, Oil is 1/3 of its cost when they wanted Independence before and they would lose the Barnett formula. The Spanish will block its membership and if, by some miracle, they do get membership after YEARS of negotiation, they will be forced to take on the Euro whether they like it or not. They don't want semi-rule from London (semi, given the devolved powers they already enjoy) but seem happy to be ruled by Brussels which I can guarantee will NOT allow then the same self rule.. see Greece..

If the Scottish want self-rule I, and many English, would be happy to see that..and when it all goes T**s up, which it will, we should be happy and gracious enough to take them back.

So, can you tell me how Scotland can survive outside of the UK

Scotland has a lot of what, say, Denmark has. Lots of potential for renewables and the engineering potential to go with it, a booming tech sector and a historically respected financial and insurance industry (that may recover that respect if cut off from England) and tourism of course.They could also rent the rUK for parking Trident.

Smaller countries can be flexible and change rapidly in ways that larger ones can't.

Having said that, Spain could indeed be an issue—as countries like Argentina might be if we have to join the WTO post-Brexit.

And you know what? No-one is ruled by Brussels. They're really not, whatever the Leave campaign said.

Stephen

"I'm rather tired of John Redwood, so I thought Id look up the population of Wokingham". Quite frankly, I was outraged.

What's "eu" by the way?

Ireland, New Zealand, Sweden, Denmark. All hopeless cases too. What are they thinking?
If that's right I'm the same height as Messi and I've got 2 arms and 2 legs just like him so I'll be able to score 30+ a season for Barca. Whoppee.

I took absolutely no notice of any propaganda touted by the leave campaigners. I voted to stay. The majority vote was to leave and that's that. I took a little pop at sturgeon because she's played her face endlessly at the result of both the Scottish independence referendum and the Brexit referendum. It's intended as a little humour, nothing more.

eu

exclamation informal
exclamation: eu!
used to express disgust or distaste.

As in "Eu—what's that on your shoe?"

Stephen

You mean yuck not eu. Or else it means the European Union, but is lazily abbreviated with no caps. Some might say the eu is yuck, but I would express distaste at that statement.

"I'm rather tired of John Redwood, so I thought Id look up the population of Wokingham". Quite frankly, I was outraged.

What's "eu" by the way?

Anyone would think there's a strong correlation with angry, ill-thought-out, right-wing views and an inability to spell or use grammar correctly.

As if... Never happens.

C7cOsPrX4AANofN.jpg

If I were Scottish I would be hugely concerned about voting to leave the UK with no guarantee of EU membership, at least in the short to medium term, and before the outcome of the Brexit negotiations were known. Both processes - leaving the UK and rejoining the EU - would be complicated and protracted with no certainty of outcome, and Scotland could be left in limbo for years. I think the Scottish Nationalists are taking a huge gamble and would have been better biding their time. Just like Brexit!

Has anyone compared Nicola Sturgeon to Jimmy Crankie yet?

No thread about Scottish independence is complete without it.

advertisement

Back