Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's heard the Kii Three speakers?

Discussion in 'audio' started by Bluedroog, Nov 23, 2016.

1. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

Yes, I had read Werner's post. Couldn't understand the last sentence.

"Unless you find yourself in a mastering room you have no reason to find Kiis."

It seems to be missing a word. It is possible that if he completed the sentence, Werner would disagree with you?

Have you heard these speakers Julf? Have you anything useful to contribute about how they sound?

2. Julf

Julf Facts are our friends

I think his sentence is pretty clear. To me, he is saying that the place in the studio where you would find Kiis would be the mastering room.

No, Andy, I have not heard them (but I would like to). I have nothing useful to contribute about how they sound, but as most of the postings in this thread don't seem to have anything to do with how they sound either, I feel right at home.

3. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

Oh, ok, I understand now. So they have no place outside a mastering room in a studio then? Ie they have no place domestically. Doesn't fit with their design goals for sure - I would have thought that many studios would have at least some treatment for low end room issues whereas domestically treatment is less likely making the cardiod response more helpful at home.

And unlike you, I have heard them and was not impressed.

4. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

If the Kii Three speakers floated everyone's boat I doubt Keith would stock anything else, but he does — speakers that operate similarly as well as speakers with conventional drivers in a cute monkey-sized coffin.

They all pale next to the superb rectangular GRFs — everything does — but if you prefer monochrome to colour feel free to float your boat with whatever doesn't sink.

Joe

5. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Trade: Purite Audio

The conventional speakers we have here are super, but they can't do what the Kii ( and Beolabs ) can, those two designs are the next logical step in loudspeaker design .
    Keith

6. Bob Edwards

Bob Edwards pfm Member

The Kiis better sound amazing, because they are absolutely hideous.

7. Purité Audio

Hideous really?
    [​IMG]

Keith

8. badger748

badger748 Like en eel. But in reverse.

Personally i really like how they look, especially in that colour.
    I take it for your £10k they come with stands too ?

9. Purité Audio

Only for you! Actually less ,white is the standard colour ,a pair willcost you £8995.00 the stands are extra.
    £9500 for any custom colour you like,Raal or automotive.
    Keith

10. badger748

Seriously I will come over for a natter about life and listen to these after Xmas Keith.
    The battering ram of promotion has worn me down!

11. Purité Audio

You know there are no valves in them ,right?
    Keith

12. badger748

Haha !
    Also my speakers have no horns.
    And I believe bears do things in wooded area's :)

13. Purité Audio

It would be really nice to see you, the Kii 'control' should be out by then which really makes them into a complete system within themselves , Kii really should have introduced everything together but ....
    Keith

14. Julf

Julf Facts are our friends

My excuse is that English isn't my native (or even second) language. What's yours?

In a studio, the mastering room is where you would find them. Says nothing about where else, outside the studio, you would or would not find them.

15. murphythecat

murphythecat pfm Member

lol

are you allright?

16. Purité Audio

Are you alright?
    There are standards!
    Keith

17. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

To me they look like a PC tower (perhaps appropriate considering all that processing), and are fugly.
    But to be fair as Miss Piggy said: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.

18. Bob Edwards

Bob Edwards pfm Member

Yes, hideous.

19. Purité Audio

What do you consider aesthetically pleasing Bob, I am prepared to make allowances because I believe you are from the US.
    Keith

20. Bob Edwards

Bob Edwards pfm Member

And I care what you think because . . . ?

And vice-versa.