advertisement

Who's heard the Kii Three speakers?

The tonearm leads came with the Triplanar ,and the others connected to the Illusonic are Mogami microphone cable.
Keith

Yes I could measure the ATCs say and the Kiis from the same position, pulling the ATCs into the room and adjusting the Kiis for free field.
The difference is obvious though without measurement , bass on the Kiis is incredibly taut.
Keith

Hello Keith

3 weeks ago you told us you'd take some measurements for us of the kii three and the arc - I'm wondering what the results are

I'm really interested in seeing the effects of the cardioid/controlled radiation pattern in a real room

Thanks

Keith's been to busy, what with the Christmas rush putting up the tree in his front room(sorry showroom)etc.

Hello Keith

3 weeks ago you told us you'd take some measurements for us of the kii three and the arc - I'm wondering what the results are

I'm really interested in seeing the effects of the cardioid/controlled radiation pattern in a real room

Thanks

I will measure the Kiis and ATCs from the same position, but as Muzzer says it will have to be after Christmas!
Shops around here are hugely expensive the rent and rates for the square meterage we would need would be prohibitive.
I can only foresee an increasing number of dealers working from home in the future, but there are advantages, the 'showrooms' are domestic rooms which acoustically are probably going to be similar to the customers own home .
We have measured and treated ours ,either with passive or active treatment or a combination of both so the products perform to their maximum potential, and
we have en excellent coffee machine.
Keith

The Kiis are actually designed to be placed in a corner or against a wall or in 'free field', they have boundary filters with a huge range of adjustability, you can place one speaker tight into the corner and the other in free space, and adjust for perfect balance, and of course they have a cardiod polar response.
That's why they are the future.
Keith

The Kiis are actually designed to be placed in a corner or against a wall or in 'free field', they have boundary filters with a huge range of adjustability, you can place one speaker tight into the corner and the other in free space, and adjust for perfect balance, and of course they have a cardiod polar response.
That's why they are the future.
Keith

Let's see the measurements! You wouldn't want your many admirers in here to think you were exaggerating, or suffering from expectation bias, would you? Let's see the your measurement of a Kii placed hard up against a side wall (and pointing down it) as in your picture. Are you not capable of doing it?

Kii are planning a full measurement suite at Klipple laboratory I believe . Klipple again I believe offer the most sophisticated measurements available.
I will certainly post an in room measurement of the ATCs and Kiis from the same positions, perhaps one with both speakers 'free field' and another with corner placement.
Remember the Kiis and Beolabs use spare drivers to create a cardiod response, simply put the sound comes out of the front.
Keith

Just show us the measurements Keith. A graph is worth a thousand posts. You have claimed that the Kiis are the best speakers you have ever measured in your room. If that's true, the job's been done. Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to put online the measurements you have taken. Why won't you? Why can't you? Why don't you do it now? You've obviously got a lot of time on your hands!

I'm not the biggest fan of dealers AndyU, but can't we give Keith a bit of leeway here. Yes, he works from home but many dealers do nowadays, it makes financial sense and as for measurements give him till the New Year, it'll be Christmas soon. :)

Just show us the measurements Keith. A graph is worth a thousand posts. You have claimed that the Kiis are the best speakers you have ever measured in your room. If that's true, the job's been done. Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to put online the measurements you have taken. Why won't you? Why can't you? Why don't you do it now? You've obviously got a lot of time on your hands!

The Kiis are in a different room, I could move the ATCs but they are really heavy,
really much easier to wait until after Christmas, I can only really perform 'in room' measurements of the two speakers fora complete 3D plot you will have to wait for the results from Klipple.
If you could hear the two speakers side by side as I have here, you would I am sure instantly understand the advantages of the Kiis in a domestic room.
Keith

I'm not the biggest fan of dealers AndyU, but can't we give Keith a bit of leeway here. Yes, he works from home but many dealers do nowadays, it makes financial sense and as for measurements give him till the New Year, it'll be Christmas soon. :)

He's already made the claim that the Kiis are the beat speakers he's ever measured in his room. Why can't show us the measurements he's already made? No need to do any more work. He is always hassling other people on here to justify their claims: I am asking him to justify his. I can't imagine that a competent engineer could lose measurements of something that were the best he had ever made. I'm not asking for measurements of ATCs (they have their own set up instructions), I'm just asking Keith to prove his claims about the Kiis. Look at the ludicrous position in the picture - right up against a side wall almost and firing down it, well away from the listener. You really think a speaker in that position will sound good? Show us the measurements!

There's no point publishing the Kiis measurements without publishing a more traditional design positioned in exactly the same place, I will measure the ATCs and Kiis in the same two positions ,using the same microphone and measurement software.
Keith

advertisement

Back