advertisement

Who's Heard the Dutch & Dutch Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the speakers weren't facing the listener, but facing a spot a bit in front of the listener?

I think what KR is saying is that the *positions* of the speakers are such that they form an equilateral triangle with the listener’s seat, but that the speakers are toed in by 45 degrees.
It seems not.
https://audiophilestyle.com/profile/5155-kal-rubinson/?status=667&type=status
(incidentially that would be quite a long way off axis- for speakers 2.5 m apart they'd be crossing nearly a metre in front of you)

Crossing in front is a ‘thing’ Grimm recommend it with their LS1s, I have never positioned the 8Cs in that way though.
Keith

Crossing in front is a ‘thing’ Grimm recommend it with their LS1s, I have never positioned the 8Cs in that way though.
Keith
If I remember rightly Grimm had a setting in their control software which you could change if you had that extreme toe in.

Mine are very slightly toed in, but not to the extent they cross in front of me in the primary listening position. I don’t think D&D designed them to be toed in that much. Lee from Strictly Stereo would have advice in this regard...

Can the 8Cs be operated from a Mac using an Ethernet connection (or wi-fi if necessary) to link Mac, NAS and speakers?

Can the 8Cs be operated from a Mac using an Ethernet connection (or wi-fi if necessary) to link Mac, NAS and speakers?

You can’t stream to them over Ethernet yet. Right now you could use a small and inexpensive Toslink to AES or USB to coax adapter to connect the Mac directly to the speakers. Alternatively, you could connect a streamer to the speakers and control that from the Mac. There are plenty of options. You could store your music on a NAS, on the Mac or in the cloud.

You can’t stream to them over Ethernet yet. Right now you could use a small and inexpensive Toslink to AES or USB to coax adapter to connect the Mac directly to the speakers. Alternatively, you could connect a streamer to the speakers and control that from the Mac. There are plenty of options. You could store your music on a NAS, on the Mac or in the cloud.

I currently store my music on a NAS, use the Mac as player/processor, a Cubox as a buffer/endpoint all wired (ethernet). The endpoint connects to the DAC with USB.
Perhaps I could use an adapter to connect the Cubox to the D&Ds.

Due to a clients change of mind we have a brand new pair of 8c's available that we can offer at a reduced price. Please call me on my mobile to discuss this further.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back