advertisement

Who's Got 72/Teddy?

Gaius

pfm Member
Morning All

Thinking about a 72 with a Teddycap. Had one with a Hicap before, never done the A/B, all thoughts appreciated.

Also might think about a dual teddy and Stageline S rather than S cards; is this worth it?

Power amp is misterc6's 160 with mini cap 6.

I am also thinking of a 32.5....

Hello Gaius,

why not comparing both and deciding after ?
If you already have a HiCap you can buy a TeddyCap III and compare it with your HiCap and if you are not satisfied you can return the Teddy with refound.

32.5 or 72 ?
Certainly a matter of taste but I can only advise you to have a try ... I would be very interested to know your thoughts after you have tested both (especially with your 160 !!!).
Olivier

Andrew, your Flat-72 with its internal TREgs is certainly in another level than 72-HC :cool:

I have a 72, TeddyIII and love it. Prefer it to my 72, Hicap.

Try it, you can always return it to Teddy if you're not happy with it.

I've used a 72 / TeddyCap combo before and was very happy with it; Hard to beat sound for pound. I only swapped if for a TPX1 because I wanted my pre power supply to match my Avondale amp.

Andrew, your Flat-72 with its internal TREgs is certainly in another level than 72-HC

That's what I'm talkin' about ;-)

Apparently there is a potential work around, (selector contacts can be cleaned) but something to look out for when buying SH.

i.e. dont go for the cheap 72 with the broken selector switch cos there aint any more!

advertisement

Back