advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

APrI8Pwl.jpg

That looks like the train robbery bridge? Used to go through that to the office daily before upping sticks.
The rain water puddles under the bridge, and I drove at some speed through it in the Alfa at night, and it pretty much ripped the sump guard off!
Correct :)

Haha thought I recognised it. BTW, in the next field, there’s an airconditioned shed with incredible CCTV security and power backup, which houses some spectacular supercars. I’ve been trying to work out how to get in undetected for years. That would be a more lucrative robbery methinks.

Haha thought I recognised it. BTW, in the next field, there’s an airconditioned shed with incredible CCTV security and power backup, which houses some spectacular supercars. I’ve been trying to work out how to get in undetected for years. That would be a more lucrative robbery methinks.

You could walk in and just buy one.

https://www.kallenhard.co.uk/

Ah, Marchbanks the Pirate, revealed!
& via apocrypha from the wikipedia on Edward Teach (who was the reason that Pirates all have a Bristol Accent)..:

Bostock's deposition describes Marchbanks as a "tall spare man with a beard which he wore very long". It is the first recorded account of Marchbank's appearance ... Later descriptions mention that his thick beard was braided into pigtails, sometimes tied in with small coloured ribbons. Johnson (1724) described him as "such a figure that imagination cannot form an idea of a fury from hell to look more frightful."

Whether Johnson's description was entirely truthful or embellished is unclear, but it seems likely that Marchbanks understood the value of appearances; better to strike fear into the heart of one's enemies, than rely on bluster alone. He wore knee-length boots and dark clothing, topped with a wide hat and sometimes a long coat of brightly coloured silk or velvet.

Despite his ferocious reputation, there are no verified accounts of his ever having murdered or harmed those he held captive.

True dat.

advertisement

Back