advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

A recent photograph...

49544925603_f01076c106_z.jpg

The dreaded selfie! A rare photo of me on location (decided to test the flip out screen on the little RX100 III).

Apologies if I look tired - I'd only had 4 hours sleep the previous night due to storm Dennis!

49543957526_5d5d43d8a2_c.jpg

Lefty
So not only do you take a nice photograph...you're photogenic too...

Amar - it's been a few years since I last saw you but you've hardly aged a day (bah...humbug etc).

Haha - thanks Richard :) It has been a while hasn't it? Must be around 10 years!

I can tell you it feels as if I've aged much more than that. Especially since my son was born in 2014. (That certainly puts the years on quickly - my hat is hiding a quickly greying head of hair!)

Post heart-attack, I've lost about 10kg which is all very well, but it doesn't half bring out the wrinkles. :D

Selfie by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

I hope the recovery is going well Richard and that prognosis remains good?

So not only do you take a nice photograph...you're photogenic too...

Haha - thank you, that's very kind! However, I'd say the landscape is the star of the show there and is far more photogenic than I am!

Lefty

Thanks for the well-wishes chaps. :)

Doing ok, had the odd bump in the road but could be a lot worse. Has certainly caused me to re-adjust (or re-affirm) what's important in this life.

Yep...it makes you look at things in a new way...I had a heart attack at 37 years old..it was scary, putting it mildly..I adopted an attitude, albeit a bit wrong, of FTW..If you don't it's going to do it to you..atb for the future..Big Al..

Can anyone tell me why this picture displays perfectly well in the original post on my computers and Android phone, whereas I get the red cross symbol on my iPad? What’s more when I ‘quote’ the picture on my iPad I can see it as I type this response, but when I preview or hit ‘reply to thread’ it is just a red cross again? It only applies to this picture - are you on an Apple blacklist, David?

Edit: Ah, it works with Firefox, must be a Safari issue.

The air may have turned rather blue for a "Period of Time". No one took the mick at all down the pub that night. Much.

Hahahaha....Yep..been there...The swear words are choice..I was a mechanic for 17 years...whacked my self round the chops with 1/2 inch ratchets, pry bars and I once put a large chisel in a gap, while replacing a lower ball joint on an old Allegro, to separate the rivots..and like a fool...I let go of the chisel, to hit it two handed with a short mel. I hit it extremely hard and the chisel fired out the gap, hit me square in the mouth, splitting upper and lower lips wide open and slackening four of my front teeth on the top row...nearly knocking myself unconscious..I look back and laugh, but it could have been an eye...mad-moon indeed..

Or, in the words of one of Barbara Pym's characters:

'A thesis must be long. The object [...] is to bore and stupefy the examiners to such an extent that they will have to accept it - only if a thesis is short enough to be read all through word for word is there any danger of failure'.

advertisement

Back