advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

It is 8 weeks to the day. No sensation on my forehead and scalp (and I’m not expecting it any time soon 1y - 18mo) but I’m starting to be able to express with eyebrow movement more. Eye sockets and now nonexistent brow ridge feel raw but on the whole healed, the scar on my chrondolaryngioplasty (Adams Apple removal in December) is now almost invisible, the surgeons find a natural fold to slit-my-throat/make the incision In. Electrolysis is down to 35 minutes every two weeks. Winning the war on facial hair. I’ve not shaved face for a year. 200 hours of intense pain and that’s not counting the 16 sessions of punching my face with lasers before that. Septum and upper lip electrolysis is an utter bitch.

The blotchy skin on the neck is reducing as time between treatments increases and severity of sessions reduces. As my nose settles down the lips are also changing shape, it’s all very clever this facial reconstruction stuff — as swelling decreases skin pulls into a new shape. Subtle but not subtle. I like who/what I see.

Getting ready to start going into the world and being less hermit-like again. Considering job stints again. The rehabilitation of Claire Foxx seems like a good title for something.

Copying my Avatar face: Trying out the portrait depth of field thingy on my phone. I still cannot unlock it with faceID and I kinda keep it like that as a reminder that all FR systems will have a hard time, automated passport gates are still a no go. (Gait analysis is easily kiboshed with heels.)

EGiC67AWoAEDMrn

‘obligatory anarchist black and girlfriend approved lesbian asymmetric undercut’

I hadn’t followed this at all Claire. Very impressive indeed. Congratulations on the perfect result, very attractive!

Both; I had voice coaching and exercises early on, but it’s impossible for me to keep up so surgery is offered early next year, not long now. I already had Laryngioplasty (removal of the Adam’s Apple). Like all surgeries there is an element of risk, with any throat operation this risk is obvious.

Wow Claire, much respect. you look so happy now. :) Your knowing smile looks like it’s hiding something which is just fab.

Good luck with the further ops as they progress..

edit - I want to do yoga and have a face massage :(

And here we have a simple, carefree ape, etc etc

Gibraltar, 1989, on detachment with a handful of F3 Tornados.

I am very much reminded of Vic and Bob and their skit on the whereabouts of a certain persons testicular objects whilst wearing shorts with legs akimbo ( Ray Mears?)

PS. F3 Tornados? Is that how you refer to your Crown Jewels in the RAF?

advertisement

Back