advertisement

Who has heard the new Proac Tablette 10?

I'm in love with my tab ten signature. After a conscientious modal calculation of the room (15 m2) it is a pleasure to listen to music even from far away from the sweet spot. Authentic wall of sound, full of textures, enveloping sensation ..... a delight its ability to captivate you in nocturnal listening at very low volume despite its low sensitivity.

ProAc-Tablette-Ten-Signature-1.jpg

Cheers

About 40 hours in with the new signatures and things are really starting to open up, I thought the std tab 10s had detail but the sigs take it a stage further.

Tracks I know inside out there's additional layers, wow these speakers are good plus they work so well in my room.

My previous std Tabs took months to run in so not quite there yet ;)

About 40 hours in with the new signatures and things are really starting to open up, I thought the std tab 10s had detail but the sigs take it a stage further.

Tracks I know inside out there's additional layers, wow these speakers are good plus they work so well in my room.

Glad to hear it, l am head over heels with mine.... also after about four months they getting better l believe..... my latest version of Audionote ANK/LX are doing nowt at the moment.:D

The Tab 10's are about as good as it gets without taking your clothes off.

Surely it's acclimatisation rather than running in. Speaker suspensions loosen up within hours, not months.

Now using my Virtue Sensation M901 ( Ticked up Tripath amplifier with Russian PIO Caps, Battery PSU ) 44WPC with the Tab 10 and to say this is an amazing and musical sound this is.:)

An all day listen.:D

I’ve been using the Standard Tab 10s for a month now, they are the best speaker I have ever listened to in my system (Naim 140-102-Hi Cap, Rega p5), and believe me I have tried plenty of speakers over the previous 20 years or so, just love their rich detailed sound, Great little speakers cant get over how big they sound even at low volume.

My cherry 10's will be joined in a few weeks by a Signature pair in Ebony.

Anyone hear running their 10's with a Naim XS3? I'm thinking of trying that. I know Naim is not a great match with LS3/5a's (from experience) but I'm thinking the Proac's are much easier to drive.

Wow, interesting. If I am reading it correctly, you already own the Tablette 10 but are getting another pair of Tablette 10 Signature? Do post your impressions. I had the intention of getting the 10 Signature several years ago but ended up with a new pair of speaker cables instead.

Wow, interesting. If I am reading it correctly, you already own the Tablette 10 but are getting another pair of Tablette 10 Signature? Do post your impressions. I had the intention of getting the 10 Signature several years ago but ended up with a new pair of speaker cables instead.

Yup, I'll have standard in cherry and signature in ebony. I'll post my impressions after they've had some time to break in.

Went to have another listen to the Proac 10' and Ophidians. Spent a couple of hours listening and messing with the position of the speakers.

No matter what I tried the Ophidians were better than the Proacs. I went in really wanting to like the Proacs. Maybe on different, heavier stands the would sound better.

I also tried the Proac Tablette Anniversary speakers and enjoyed them too. Just not as much as the Ophidians.

Based on my experience with the Ophidian Minimo, I would really expect the Mojo to be fantastic. I am currently running a pair of Tab 10s and like their room-filling potential more than the Minimo... but the Mojo should be at least on-par and I'm not surprised they can sound even better. Hope to hear them someday too. Can't really go wrong either way.

They are ported.

I have to say that I was astounded by the quality of them. I switched back and forth a few times as I really wanted to love the Proacs.

I was hoping that they would have a similar presentation to the Harbeth P3ESR's - decent bass form a tiny box - but I just couldn't get them to perform as I hoped unfortunately.

Maybe with different electronics and stands they would sound better. They are clearly liked by a lot of people.
Am happy with the range for the size, but to me the Tab 10s do sound a little less clear than I would have expected based on all the reviews and commentary. Am running with some good kit though placement is not ideal.

Had a listen to the Tab10 and the Ophidians (at the same store as Robby I suspect)
I found the Proacs very nice in a damning-with-faint-praise way, but the Oph's are a bit special. The Neat Iota also got my attention - I'd take either of them over the Tabs, and both leave more money in my pocket...
Today the Mojo 2 has RRP equal to the Tab 10 (non-sig) so they're clearly in direct competition. ProAc is a little smaller and would actually fit on a shelf or desk; was important in my case due to space constraints.

I've not heard these but have owned both Tablette Anniversary and Response D1. To me Proac are music genre specific sounding great with rock pop and even jazz but I don't think they have the timbre, tonal richness or weight to convey the massed strings of an orchestra convincingly. They are great sounding speakers but nothing like Spendor, Harbeth or LS/35A in character and being infinite baffle I'd guess they have a lot let upper bass, the Anniversary is very good in this respect.
Hi . I'm about to buy some tablettes anniversary still boxed so brand new . Never had small monitors , how are they good in your experience , got any bass ? Thanks

I'm in love with my tab ten signature. After a conscientious modal calculation of the room (15 m2) it is a pleasure to listen to music even from far away from the sweet spot. Authentic wall of sound, full of textures, enveloping sensation ..... a delight its ability to captivate you in nocturnal listening at very low volume despite its low sensitivity.

Cheers

Is that a densen b100 amp on your shelf? Are you using it or the other amp?

Hi . I'm about to buy some tablettes anniversary still boxed so brand new . Never had small monitors , how are they good in your experience , got any bass ? Thanks

Not had them but are supposed to be rather good- give them the best partnering equipment and some Target R1/R4 stands and you are good to go.

Good luck.:)

They have plenty of bass, and quality bass at that. I guess it depends on how much you want, but turn up the volume and they can shake the walls of an average size room.

My cherry 10's will be joined in a few weeks by a Signature pair in Ebony.

Anyone hear running their 10's with a Naim XS3? I'm thinking of trying that. I know Naim is not a great match with LS3/5a's (from experience) but I'm thinking the Proac's are much easier to drive.

How did you get along with the Vanilla and Signature Tab 10's Sir?:)

I'm after good quality bass, rather than quantity . Also , midrange duties are very important , I listen to mainly Jazz , and a fair of amount of vocals .
I'm going to get them today . Rather exited to be the first to opening the box . Thanks for sharing your opinions , really appreciated.

I'm after good quality bass, rather than quantity . Also , midrange duties are very important , I listen to mainly Jazz , and a fair of amount of vocals .
I'm going to get them today . Rather exited to be the first to opening the box . Thanks for sharing your opinions , really appreciated.

Make sure you report back, with photos! I am interested in your findings.

advertisement

Back