advertisement

Who has heard the new Proac Tablette 10?

Allaes were nice speakers but can sound a bit bloaty in the bass but overall a great speaker and lived with them for 13 years in different rooms and houses.

The Tabs as stated by Tarzan have bass and is a remarkable achievement for their size.
Tabs have a lovely controlled bass for their size and fit my room perfectly, mid and top end well enough said best I have heard...

Thanks Tarzan and Hifiman, I’ll have to try and have a listen sometime. They would look much better in my room than my Studio 150s, which dominate the room.

Cheers BB

Thanks Tarzan and Hifiman, I’ll have to try and have a listen sometime. They would look much better in my room than my Studio 150s, which dominate the room.

Cheers BB

BB, l followed this thread and demoed a pair based on how posters described the sound- and they were spot on!

However, they have another trump card- they are so musical it is silly, with a deep soundstage and great imagery... cannot wait go get my pair next week.:)

Me Cherry Tab 10's arrived yesterday- only this is the lightest Cherry finish l have seen, also one binding post revolved when fitting new cable.... however the running process has begun.... picked up a mint pair of Sonus R4 to put under the Tiny Tigers.... sound is improving but a long way to go.:D

Me Cherry Tab 10's arrived yesterday- only this is the lightest Cherry finish l have seen, also one binding post revolved when fitting new cable.... however the running process has begun.... picked up a mint pair of Sonus R4 to put under the Tiny Tigers.... sound is improving but a long way to go.:D

When I first opened my SM100’s brand new from the box the wood veneer was extremely light. A few months down the line and they have darkened considerably and very nicely.

When I first opened my SM100’s brand new from the box the wood veneer was extremely light. A few months down the line and they have darkened considerably and very nicely.
Cherry can indeed start off light in colour when freshly cut, especially surprising if you auditioned a cherry veneered pair that were already some months old. As Robby writes, cherry darkens quite quickly with age/light. There's an example on this page to look forward to.

After a year my cherry pair has turned a very deep, rich color. They change a lot...

Thanks chaps, they look nice anyway- lovely grain in the veneer- which is quite matt in finish.....:)

Playing 'Eight miles High' by everyone's favourite folk rock band......:D

I have a small listening room (about 4m x 4m).

I currently have a Creek 50A Amplifier and Creek 50CD (Dac / CD Player).

My current speakers are over 10 years old - they are AVI Neutron IVs.

The speakers have to sit on bookshelves either side of the fireplace (the shelves are quite deep at about 43cm).

I have always liked the Neutrons - even though they are rear ported they don't chuff in the slightest.

I was thinking about something that might give me a little more bass though.

I have considered the new Epos K1i which is front ported and a little bigger than the Neutrons. Epos are Creek's sister company so I would like to think there might be some synergy with my amp.

Then I saw this thread on the Proacs. They are even smaller than the AVIs !

The Proacs are also double the price of the Epos K1i's.

Has anyone any idea how the Proacs would compare to my Neutron IVs ?

Just running in my Tab 10's and l have to reiterate how musical and how much fun these speakers are- god l love these speakers already.:)

How are Tab10 owners feeling about their speakers a little way down the line.....

Running mine with a Vincent hybrid amp and they have taken another leap in sound and musicality.

I'm following this with interest, looking to downscale my hifi and looking for speakers that work well close to the wall.
At the moment, I have the Rega Ela 2000, Larsen 4.2, ATC HTS7 and these Proac Tablette 10s on my short list.

My KEF 201/2 just don't sound anywhere near their best near the rear walls, and although I have loved having the ATC SCM7 and SCM10 previously, they do need some space behind to work their best too in my experience, hence the interest in the HTS7.

Love my Tab 10s, recently changed my Naim CB250 for a 250DR and these tabs just keep giving. Mine are only a few inches from the back wall, no boom just a wonderful sound that fills the room.

Agree a big room filling sound and as other have said they do seem to improve a lot with break in and better kit and of course the toe tapping musicality.:D

I had a short listen to these and yes they do boogie , quit astounding amount of music from such a small speaker , they had very few hours at the time and if they do improve with running in its a win win :cool:

advertisement

Back