advertisement

Whisky II

Our lad received his unconditional offer to commence post-grad medicine yesterday so finally opened this ‘cask strength from a secret Islay supplier’ to toast his success and it really is very good.

russian image host
Is that the one you have?

Mine bought recently from MoM is bottled at 59.1%. I know there are different bottlings but I have not done a comparison of them.

No, that’s a library picture. Just checked and mine also is 59.1% and the first of its kind that I’ve tried.

TBH I take reviews like that with a pinch of salt

I've drink plenty of NCF/non-coloured whiskies and CF/coloured whiskies and never had an issue with them

It's all about the taste and linger for me; so it's nice to dabble in something completely new for a change ;)

For me, that's bollocks.

I've seen a lot of similar reviews; I think it's just snobbery snwoflake shite :D
Well E150 is basically caramel so, in theory, it should be present as a taste component.
More to the point the Signatory has 3% more alcohol and is over a tenner cheaper!
Bourbon vs sherry cask matured though...

Well E150 is basically caramel so, in theory, it should be present as a taste component.
More to the point the Signatory has 3% more alcohol and is over a tenner cheaper!
Bourbon vs sherry cask matured though...

Yeah; I tend to stick to the sherry ones at that price. Find the bourbon ones a bit too hot at times, but still worth looking into

I do get the caramel side of things; but to say that it can be tasted in a complex whisky IMO is nit picking...

For me, that's bollocks.

I've seen a lot of similar reviews; I think it's just snobbery snwoflake shite :D

Some folks, like Ralphy, have already made their minds up before tasting if the whisky is chill filtered and/or has colouring.

I don't personally care - especially as one of my very favourite whiskies (Lagavulin 16) has artificial colouring.

Some folks, like Ralphy, have already made their minds up before tasting if the whisky is chill filtered and/or has colouring.

I don't personally care - especially as one of my very favourite whiskies (Lagavulin 16) has artificial colouring.

Exactly this; as said, IMO it's just bullshit and snobbery...

And Laga 16 has to be one of the best drams out there IMO :D

I’d put money on betting that the head distiller at Lagavulin thinks Lag 16 would be even better non-chill filtered, natural coloured and 46%...but, it’s a huge brand, and too popular to rock the boat. People expect consistency, they aren’t aiming Lag 16 at the whisky geeks. How many whisky drinkers understand a Scotch mist is a ‘good thing’?
There is of course a huge amount of bullshit and snobbery involved in whisky, but people like Ralfy (who imo is actually very fair) should be applauded.

advertisement

Back