advertisement

Whisky II

Talisker Skye on Amazon S&S this evening for £20.90, first delivery on the 25th of July. Ok, the ten is better, a bit, but for this price it's a decent supper... And it gets better once it's had a bit of air in in the bottle.

Twas on sale a few weeks ago! Are they building up for a ‘mega’ deal??
Compass Box Orchard House about to be poured here as an aperitif. Smells as fruity as the Glencadam 10

Had a brilliant weekend on Islay, only managed visits to Bruichladdich, Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Ardbeg. So much to see and not enough time so will have to head back at some point. Would thoroughly recommend it as a place to visit, thank you to everyone who gave me tips.

Had a brilliant weekend on Islay, only managed visits to Bruichladdich, Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Ardbeg. So much to see and not enough time so will have to head back at some point. Would thoroughly recommend it as a place to visit, thank you to everyone who gave me tips.

It's definitely up there with my favourite islands (perhaps just pipped by Harris/Lewis) as it's such a chilled out place (and very dog friendly) and distilleries are excellent. There are still a few of the distilleries that I haven't visited yet so I must get another visit planned.

It's definitely up there with my favourite islands (perhaps just pipped by Harris/Lewis) as it's such a chilled out place (and very dog friendly) and distilleries are excellent. There are still a few of the distilleries that I haven't visited yet so I must get another visit planned.

I went to Harris/Lewis last year and 100% agree - that’s an amazing place!

Just a wee drop, fruity and easy going but plenty of flavour. Do I detect a bit of that Clynelish waxiness? Will no doubt be reaching for more as the temperature rises…

I particularly like that the website lists the proportion and cask type of each whisky in the blend (all malt)
https://www.compassboxwhisky.com/pdf/CBW_FactSheet-2022-ORCHARDHOUSE-June2022.pdf
Yes they're really good for that.
Young but with a lot of first-fill which compensates - definitely one for the wishlist.
Would be fascinating to compare with Glenfiddich's new Orchard Experiment.

advertisement

Back