Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Whisky II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by hifilover1979, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Cambs12

Cambs12 pfm Member

Second the Glenmorangie. Consistently good. One I forgot to mention above is Benromach 10. Often available for 29 pounds, and a very decent whisky at that price.

hifilover1979 likes this.
  2. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

3. Cambs12

Cambs12 pfm Member

4. clivem2

clivem2 pfm Member

5. Cambs12

Cambs12 pfm Member

Err, you've lost me there?

6. clivem2

clivem2 pfm Member

The bottle is very nice…if you scroll down the Amazon advert you’ll see a young lady leaping into a loch.

hifilover1979 likes this.
  7. Cambs12

Cambs12 pfm Member

Ah, I see it now!

8. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Opened the Crabbies single highland malt, it's really good. Quite dry and earthy, very light peat, no over the top sherrying or other cheap tricks, lingering fruity notes in the finish. Nice. It's not trying to be anything it's not, and it has a certain something that I can't quite place. Recommended at £16, and better than some £30 bottles.

Cambs12 likes this.
  9. mjw

mjw pfm Member

I need to try something NOT from the Western Isles and I’m wavering between Aultmore and Cotswolds. Any guidance, please?

10. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

So do you want something diametrically opposed from Western Isles or something slightly different? Slightly different, things like Oban spring to mind.

11. mjw

mjw pfm Member

Far away. That’s why I was thinking Speyside or England (and both brands I mentioned are well regarded and currently discounted).

12. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Sounds fair. Add to the list Penderyn, I tried it recently. Pleasant enough, if unremarkable.

13. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

The Cotswolds is excellent.

14. mjw

mjw pfm Member

I note only three years old. Not too hot?

15. mjw

mjw pfm Member

Cambs12 and Weekender like this.
  16. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

my bottle arrived on Friday - very good, very smooth

17. Cambs12

Cambs12 pfm Member

I'm on my second bottle of their standard single malt ( not just today, over several months! ). It's very good. Ok, it's a young whisky at about three years in the cask, but it's smooth and very drinkable. Often reduced from the normal price of £39 down to £30ish. Not tried the Aultmore yet.

18. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

You wouldn't know it was really young from tasting it. It's really very good.

19. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

20. jimbob75

jimbob75 pfm Member

I’d leave it a few years in the cask. To me ‘smooth’ equals bland and inoffensive. I like a bit of character.